'25 MO WR DeJerrian Miller

(Name is misspelled in the thread title)

Dejerrian Miller visited Tennessee for the first time last month to attend one of its spring practices. After getting a visit from the Vols earlier this week, he's now planning to make the trip to Knoxville again.
The Class of 2025 wide receiver from Cardinal Ritter College Prep in St. Louis told GoVols247 on Saturday night that he's scheduled to take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of Oct. 19. It will allow him to attend the Vols' home game against rival Alabama.
r.callahan

The thing about recruiting under Heup is that there will be limited information that gets out. Some will, but for the most part the coaches aren't going to show their hand very much. In the NIL landscape you have to play your cards closer to the vest. If a player thinks there are multiple spots left at their position group they might play the game a little longer and see if they can up their NIL deal to make it a little sweeter before they sign. If nobody knows if you are taking 2, 3, or 4 guys at a particular position then if they want to ultimately be at UT then they won't play the game nearly as long and they will take what they can get from an NIL perspective and work on sweetening their deal down the road. It is all negotiation and deal making tactics.

You think we will get any truly elite WRs this class?
I don’t think we land any of Meadows, French or Cunningham at this time if that’s the group you are referring to.

Like AP has said Travis Smith is very possible but it’s key we survive the UGA OV with it still being a relatively even battle.

I also agree Jackson should be looked at as a stud get.

DJ Miller will be a nice pick up if we can get him if we can’t land Smith.

Overall I think we are well on our way to a great WR class for this cycle ESPECIALLY if you combine them with Matthews and Staley from last year.

I don’t think we land any of Meadows, French or Cunningham at this time if that’s the group you are referring to.

Like AP has said Travis Smith is very possible but it’s key we survive the UGA OV with it still being a relatively even battle.

I also agree Jackson should be looked at as a stud get.

DJ Miller will be a nice pick up if we can get him if we can’t land Smith.

Overall I think we are well on our way to a great WR class for this cycle ESPECIALLY if you combine them with Matthews and Staley from last year.
Miller and smith are pretty damn good. Have to overcome that instate peer pressure with Smith.

Yes, Rodarious Jackson.
He won’t acknowledge that.

Simply because I said he was elite when he was still ranked a 3 star. Now he’s a Top 100 player.
But he would rather catch a butt rash than to acknowledge I was right.

The worst part is that the beef between me and him started because i was trying to help him haha. But he can’t be helped.

He won’t acknowledge that.

Simply because I said he was elite when he was still ranked a 3 star. Now he’s a Top 100 player.
But he would rather catch a butt rash than to acknowledge I was right.

The worst part is that the beef between me and him started because i was trying to help him haha. But he can’t be helped.
lol. I don’t really acknowledge you anymore but I will here. Your evaluations on a player are normally wrong. Even a broken clock is right on an occasion. Is Jackson an elite WR? I certainly hope so. Is he in the level of a Cunningham or French? Highly doubtful. As far as you are concerned I have zero respect for you or your opinions because you have called almost everyone else on this board stupid. You have said you know ball and everyone else doesn’t.

You are a sanctimonious know it all that wants everyone to think he knows something. The last persons help I need is yours. You are D4H level dumb.

lol. I don’t really acknowledge you anymore but I will here. Your evaluations on a player are normally wrong. Even a broken clock is right on an occasion. Is Jackson an elite WR? I certainly hope so. Is he in the level of a Cunningham or French? Highly doubtful. As far as you are concerned I have zero respect for you or your opinions because you have called almost everyone else on this board stupid. You have said you know ball and everyone else doesn’t.

You are a sanctimonious know it all that wants everyone to think he knows something. The last persons help I need is yours. You are D4H level dumb.
👍

Got to respect anyone who references D4H in their post.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
The thing about recruiting under Heup is that there will be limited information that gets out. Some will, but for the most part the coaches aren't going to show their hand very much. In the NIL landscape you have to play your cards closer to the vest. If a player thinks there are multiple spots left at their position group they might play the game a little longer and see if they can up their NIL deal to make it a little sweeter before they sign. If nobody knows if you are taking 2, 3, or 4 guys at a particular position then if they want to ultimately be at UT then they won't play the game nearly as long and they will take what they can get from an NIL perspective and work on sweetening their deal down the road. It is all negotiation and deal making tactics.
Would really like to know what the staff position is on weighting not only initial NIL cost, but whether a player is so driven by those numbers that RETENTION costs, based on probability of serious shopping each year, is also a key consideration. Sequencing motivations of an athlete is now more in play than ever. If it is always going to be highest bidder, discounting future value and zero loyalty to teams and teammates, then move on. Fit is still fit. They have the right to pick their path. Renting for the FIRST year may not be a good value. Save your money for late blooming, under valued guys like Thornton with some college film to assess out of the portal.

Kelsey Pope will host a trio of wide receivers this weekend as Dejerrian Miller joins Caleb Cunningham and Jaime Ffrench on campus. Tennessee seems like they are down the list for Cunningham.

Meanwhile Ffrench has been all over the map recently so we wouldn’t totally rule out the Vols even if they are perceived to be behind LSU and Texas with Ohio State still lingering.

Miller is one we are watching but we don’t think anything would happen this weekend. He still has a visit to take next week and then will work towards a decision.
-VQ

VN Store

Back