'25 MO WR Corey Simms

“Everything went great,” the three-star wide receiver said. “The crowd was loud. Great experience. I think (the crowd noise) hit, like, 117, if I’m not mistaken. For the first time being here, I didn’t think it was going to be this big, because this is my first time being here (for a game). I’ve only been here one other time, in the summertime for a camp. But, other than that, this is my first time seeing everything, seeing all the coaches, seeing all the players on the field.”
“I talk to Coach Pope,” Simms said. “I talk to Coach Cook probably every other day. I talk to Coach Pope every once in a while, too. Coach Heup hits me up. I talk to all of them, pretty much. We just talk about anything. We don’t just talk about football. We talk about school. We talk about girls. Shoot, we talk about anything we can. They are all just good people to be around.”
“What stood out is the way they played and how fast they play,” Simms said. “I like the scheme. I like how they pass the ball. I like how they run the ball, too. The ball’s spread around across the whole field. That’s what I like about it.” “I’m going to be back,” Simms said. “I’m most definitely going to be back. I’ll say they’re pretty high up. I like them. I like them a lot.”
-VQ

Staying at wide receiver, Tennessee has made Missouri wide receiver Corey Simms feel like a priority. His stock has continued to rise following a big junior season. He has already started to work on setting an official visit with the Vols for the summer. He is another guy who has talked heavily about Tennessee’s offensive system, the continued efficiency from the quarterback position, and the outlook of that position group for the future. Missouri and several others are in play here.
-VQ

“We are always talking on the phone,” Simms said of the relationship with the Vols. “I am planning to get back down there very soon. They are going to get an official from me for sure. The relationship has been there since they offered me. I am always talking to Coach (Kody) Cook, Coach (Kelsey) Pope, and Coach (Josh) Heupel. We don’t always talk about football. We are talking about a lot of different things, and that is how we have been able to build that bond.”
Simms says the Vols are making him feel like a top priority as his recruitment continues. “They most definitely make me a priority,” Simms added. “I talk to them three to four times a week at least. We get on the phone and chop it up, so they are making me a priority. I love their personalities. They are cool people to talk to. They are enjoyable to talk to, and there is never a time when I am bored when I talk to them.”
Simms plans to return to Tennessee in the near future before his official visit in the summer. “I will look for somewhere that I know I am going to have the opportunity to play,” he said. “Somewhere that I am comfortable. Somewhere I know I have a great support system and great people around me, and then somewhere that throws the ball and has good quarterbacks around. I am also looking for a great coaching staff and great personalities.”
Tennessee’s pitch to Simms has been simple and to the point, but it has resonated with him. “If I want to be great, then that is where I will go,” he said of this. “They want to develop me into an elite football, and that is what I like to hear.” “Anywhere that has great quarterbacks and is wanting to throw the ball around, then that is where great receivers are going to want to go. That plays a very big part.”
-VQ

Plans to decide before Sr. season

Allows them to collect NIL money if they are committed to an in-state school.
Interesting. I’m a bit confused, though. How would they stop a kid from getting NIL from an organization like SPYRE if they went to UT and it’s personal payment? Or are you saying it’s like a NIL coffer that the state puts money into?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Interesting. I’m a bit confused, though. How would they stop a kid from getting NIL from an organization like SPYRE if they went to UT and it’s personal payment? Or are you saying it’s like a NIL coffer that the state puts money into?
If they were to commit to Tennessee, they wouldn't be eligible to compete in high school sports in Missouri under the Missouri High School Athletic Association if they accepted any NIL money prior to graduation. That is how I understand it.

In other words, their key selling point to instate kids and keeping them within their state borders for collegiate athletics is, "Commit to Mizzou and we will allow you to collect NIL money while still a high school student athlete."

Sadly, it's an attempt to try and influence their kids to attend a state university by limiting their NIL options as high schoolers.

With Missouris new laws, it’s going to be tough to pull anyone out of there.
It won't take long for a work around by the collectives to kick in... maybe give a grandparent an NIL deal to be the face of Medicare Insurance ads, and hope some of it trickles down to the player. From the collective so the NCAA does not have a chance to tie the school to the payments and the kids are not getting the money.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back