‘23 MO OT Logan Reichert

"Heupel doesn't want big lineman"

Doesn't matter the size, just need to be athletic and mobile enough to get out in space. Also have to have the strength to block for the strong run game that is evolving here. Player that fits that mold is Joe Crocker so I really want him. Brycen Sanders isn't as big but a really good OL as well that fits the schemes.

"Heupel doesn't want big lineman"

Doesn't matter the size, just need to be athletic and mobile enough to get out in space. Also have to have the strength to block for the strong run game that is evolving here. Player that fits that mold is Joe Crocker so I really want him. Brycen Sanders isn't as big but a really good OL as well that fits the schemes.
No you got to have strength and you can’t win with small people at the LOS. Heupel has said you have to be big and fast up front because big and fast is lined up on the other side of the ball if you want to win the SEC. GBO

No you got to have strength and you can’t win with small people at the LOS. Heupel has said you have to be big and fast up front because big and fast is lined up on the other side of the ball if you want to win the SEC. GBO
That was the point. Everyone was saying preseason that Heupel's offense wasn't going to work in the SEC because he doesn't want big lineman and they would get overpowered. He is recruiting big guys, but they also have to be able to move in space

That was the point. Everyone was saying preseason that Heupel's offense wasn't going to work in the SEC because he doesn't want big lineman and they would get overpowered. He is recruiting big guys, but they also have to be able to move in space
All I ever heard Heupel say is the opposite, he realizes this is big boy ball. Heck he played at Oklahoma he knows you have to be strong at the LOS. I heard folks saying that too, but they are wrong and I have watched him say many times we have to win the LOS. Heupel gets it, folks try to put him in a box as to what he wants. Like because he runs a spread he won’t run the ball, Heupel will do whatever he feels will work at any given time. He isn’t married to run or pass but he isn’t afraid to do either and actually wants to be able to do both. GBO!

You can built on height. 6-6, 6-7 OL can be a huge challenge

I heard Bubba Miller, who’s 6-1 in shoes probably) say once “Tennessee probably wouldn’t recruit me today”. He was a great OL & played in the NFL but height is like speed, you can’t teach it.

Reactions: Volfan1000
still interest I assume but not much info....
Missouri is definitely a school high on Reichert’s list because he plays at Raytown, Mo., and he has some family connections there but the massive 2023 four-star offensive lineman wants to see what improvements the Tigers make next season'

Michigan has been very active with the 6-foot-7, 378-pounder and the Wolverines could be high on the list and then Tennessee and Florida are right there. Georgia has slowed down while USC, Oregon and Kentucky have stepped it up.
-Rivals today

VN Store

Back