'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

Tennesee continues to have frequent communication with Williams Nwaneri. The nation’s top-rated defensive lineman quietly has lined up visits to see multiple schools this spring. He hasn’t finalized anything to return to Knoxville, but he continues to convey hopes of making it back to campus sooner than later.
Oklahoma made a strong impression last week, and pulling the elite DL out of the Midwest will prove tough for anyone, but Nwaneri isn’t tipping his hand much at all. However, he has remained positive about what he has heard from Tennessee of late.
-VQ

We mentioned earlier in the week the potential for Williams Nwaneri to be in town this weekend with California Power for the Pylon 7v7 event in Knoxville. The standout defensive lineman confirmed those plans with Volquest, as he and other teammates, including elite tight end Jaden Reddell, are set to check out Tennessee on Saturday as they work time around the 7v7 tournament. It is going to be hard to pull Nwaneri out of the midwest, but getting him back to campus again for the second time in three months will give Tennessee a shot at securing one of his official visits, which he could potentially start using in June.
-VQ

He essentially said we're in his top 3. I think Oklahoma is our biggest competition in this one and probably was the favorite before today's visit. Not saying we're the favorite now, but think we're no worse than #2.

He would be one of my top five NIL priorities at this point. Need to replace Thomas soon on the interior. Love it’s only MO, OK and TN at this point for officials.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He would be one of my top five NIL priorities at this point. Need to replace Thomas soon on the interior. Love it’s only MO, OK and TN at this point for officials.
This kid would be a SDE here. It's the hardest position in the front 4 to fill at an elite level. Someone that's an elite run stopper, but also athletic enough to chase plays down from the backside and consistently be a dangerous pass rusher.

I’m thinking about cutting the list down here soon,” Nwaneri told Simmons. “It wouldn’t be a terrible idea for me to commit before my senior season, but I’m not in a rush. I’ll play my senior season uncommitted and maybe commit during (it) or wait all the way up to signing day.”
“I feel like I’m in a good place right now,” he added. “I’m starting to really figure it out, but I think I’m not ready to commit right now, but I’m starting to get an idea of where that place might be or exactly what I’m looking for in a place.”

LOOK: Five-star defensive lineman in Tennessee for an unofficial visit

VN Store

Back