‘23 MO EDGE Samuel M’Pemba (UGA commit)

Not sure the last time a prospect spent 2-3 days on campus and didn't move us up in his recruitment. Have to think we're going to get in the mix for an OV...

I’m hopeful simply because if Tennessee locks him down too the message boards post signing day will be pure gold.

Tennessee paid all those guys
Tennessee cheated
Tennessee needs to be shut down and investigated
Etc

We helped ourselves, just didn’t overcome clemsons lead. If they struggle this season we could see this heat back up.
Tennessee gained zero ground on his visit here. He’s not coming. Will commit to Clemson sooner rather than later. - AP
Not sure how to interpret that as we helped ourselves. Hopefully he keeps an open mind, but decommits from Clemson are pretty rare.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Not sure how to interpret that as we helped ourselves. Hopefully he keeps an open mind, but decommits from Clemson are pretty rare.
I think you’re interpreting AP’s words a little too literally. Did we pass Clemson on his visit? No. Did he like what he saw from Tennessee? Yes. I do think you’re right most likely he goes to Clemson but if it’s any school other than Clemson I think we have a good chance.

I think you’re interpreting AP’s words a little too literally. Did we pass Clemson on his visit? No. Did he like what he saw from Tennessee? Yes. I do think you’re right most likely he goes to Clemson but if it’s any school other than Clemson I think we have a good chance.
It's not. AP literally said Burley is likely making his commitment soon, and it isn't to us or Georgia..

I think both can be true. He can like what he saw, and it not move the needle for him in terms of us gaining ground. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. And it wasn't like he saw something last week that he hasn't seen already. He's been to Tennessee a half dozen times, or more. He's just already made up his mind, plain and simple. That's how I read AP's comments.

I think both can be true. He can like what he saw, and it not move the needle for him in terms of us gaining ground. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. And it wasn't like he saw something last week that he hasn't seen already. He's been to Tennessee a half dozen times, or more. He's just already made up his mind, plain and simple. That's how I read AP's comments.
Fair enough. I just think this is one you keep contact with in case something happens with Clemson.

The difference with this recruitment is that we likely land two of his current teammates. Peer recruiting can make a major difference.

The difference with this recruitment is that we likely land two of his current teammates. Peer recruiting can make a major difference.
No, I'm not comparing Burley and M'Pemba's respective recruitment in an attempt to say Burley affects M'Pemba. Burley was just the example I gave to answer the question of a kid who visited for 2-3 days and we didn't climb his list. And I only mentioned him, specifically, because it just happened last weekend.

I think M'Pemba is his own kid, will make his own decision, and Burley will have no effect on it. Landing two of his teammates will only help.

VN Store

Back