‘23 MO EDGE Samuel M’Pemba (UGA commit)

The buzz: Samuel M’Pemba set his commitment date for Dec. 4, and the four finalists are Florida, Georgia, Miami and Tennessee. This race is expected to come down to the Bulldogs and the Volunteers. The last game M’Pemba was at was in Athens when Georgia hosted Tennessee. He has attended a few games between the hedges this season, and I still hear Kirby Smart’s program is the one to beat. There has been strong communication between the Vols and the five-star EDGE at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy in recent weeks. They may be in this more than some expected a couple of months ago, but Georgia is still trending, according to my sources.

-ON3

M'Pemba and Hobbs seem like the exact same story, but in reverse. Hobbs has been a Vols lean for a while and UGA has come on strong, but the relationship with Tennessee will be too much for UGA to overcome. And the roles are reversed with M'Pemba.

Just my 2 cents as an outsider.

It’d be interesting to see how Kirby would have done if he inherited a situation like Josh Heupel’s.

Dude has had tons of talent to work with everywhere he’s been.

It's also Georgia. Even Dooley could pull in talent from that state.

It’d be interesting to see how Kirby would have done if he inherited a situation like Josh Heupel’s.

Dude has had tons of talent to work with everywhere he’s been.

There’s a reason why he never took a job before the UGA one opened and it wasn’t because he was waiting for UGA to open.

Guy only wanted the easiest job he could find to fall into his lap. I’m not blaming him, either. But he had no interest in a rebuild.

There’s a reason why he never took a job before the UGA one opened and it wasn’t because he was waiting for UGA to open.

Guy only wanted the easiest job he could find to fall into his lap. I’m not blaming him, either. But he had no interest in a rebuild.

Exactly

Reactions: Smokey19rt
By the way, Clemson was the new UT. What they mean is... We're back.

OIP.qa5EOBiNj9a9t8ef7kSf1wHaEK

I've actually heard from a few folks with good connections that Kirby was very interested in the UT job after Dooley was fired. The admin wanted to stay away from coaches from the Saban tree since that was part of their selling point when hiring Dooley and they also wanted a sitting head coach, so they never were interested in Kirby.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I've actually heard from a few folks with good connections that Kirby was very interested in the UT job after Dooley was fired. The admin wanted to stay away from coaches from the Saban tree since that was part of their selling point when hiring Dooley and they also wanted a sitting head coach, so they never were interested in Kirby.

Can ya just let me hate the guy?

Would not have worked out here according to VolNation:

1) bad haircut
2) Only gets good recruits because he is in Athens, Georgia
3) not a good coach. Okay as a DC because he has superior players because he was at Alabama/Georgia
4) lies to all his recruits

Would have been a bust in Knoxville.

1) bad haircut
3) not a good coach. Okay as a DC because he has superior players because he was at Alabama/Georgia

Elite defensive coordinator. But still in year 7 with all those top 3 recruiting classes stacked he would have zero championships if Bama did not lose their two elite receivers before the championship rematch

1) bad haircut

Kirby reminds me of Fulmer.

Yeah I think this era of football will be the modern version of Spurrier vs Fulmer. Heupel is Spurrier, Kirby is Fulmer respectively with their teams' playstyles.
The style of coaches they are. Top recruiters, sometimes questionable in game decisions. Similar offensive & overall team styles. Heupel and Steve are similar as well as you said. Not known as top recruiters but can get some talent. Great schemers and way more offensive focused. Generally good game management. More fun on gameday etc. very wild how similar they are to the older ones way back then.

Elite defensive coordinator. But still in year 7 with all those top 3 recruiting classes stacked he would have zero championships if Bama did not lose their two elite receivers before the championship rematch

And UGA was in the same position last year that we're in this year.

They, unlike us, benefitted from everyone basically sucking compared to this year. B1G was a 2-loss winner. Pac12 was a 3-loss winner. ACC was a 2-loss winner. Things were so bad that a 1-loss AAC winner got in also. Now we're looking at a 0-loss SEC, 0-loss B1G, 1-loss ACC, (possible) 1-loss PAC12.

And UGA was in the same position last year that we're in this year.

They, unlike us, benefitted from everyone basically sucking compared to this year. B1G was a 2-loss winner. Pac12 was a 3-loss winner. ACC was a 2-loss winner. Things were so bad that a 1-loss AAC winner got in also. Now we're looking at a 0-loss SEC, 0-loss B1G, 1-loss ACC, (possible) 1-loss PAC12.
Michigan was 12-1 until UGA lucked up and beat them because of the refs in the last minute.
Cincinnati was 13-0 until losing to Alabama in a close game. Should have 11-1 Notre Dame so Alabama could have curb stomped them again.

Left off he cannot develop players either.

Let him name his price.
You sound like the Aggies, signing everybody top dollar with a 5 star tag. Our coaches look for the total package good athletes and good guys and students. Money is great but it’s not the most important thing involved in recruiting.

You sound like the Aggies, signing everybody top dollar with a 5 star tag. Our coaches look for the total package good athletes and good guys and students. Money is great but it’s not the most important thing involved in recruiting.

Watch the film. There is a reason why all the big time programs want this guy. And obviously our staff sees what many others see. An elite play maker. So no it’s not just sign every 5* by throwing out money. But for a player like this? Throw the money around.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

The difference between us and Texas A&M is our coaches will coach the kids up. So no, I don’t sound like the Aggies. Kids are gonna want money, period. Give it to the ones that are worth it.

VN Store

Back