'24 MO EDGE Kellen Lindstrom (Tennessee)

2024 Missouri EDGE Kellen Lindstrom just checked out. Tennessee has quietly done a good job here since offering. His first visit to campus exceeded expectations, and he hold the Vols in high regard coming out of the weekend. Missouri, Oklahoma, and Michigan are several of the others involved here. He has built a strong bond with Mike Ekeler and the energy he has received from Ekeler in the recruiting process matched up with what he saw from his coaching style today. He wants to make a decision before his season and is working out dates on when he can return to Tennessee for an official visit.
-VQ

“It surpassed expectations,” Lindstrom told Volquest of the visit. “Great facilities, of course, great SEC program, Neyland Stadium is amazing. All of the coaching staff is caring. They’re all great coaches, respectful, they’re good to the team, the team works together. Just overall, Knoxville is a great place. It almost had a home feel to it, but of course, it’s away from home. It just feels really good. The atmosphere is awesome. Weather is great. It’s all great.”

“Since the offer, they’ve been recruiting me pretty heavily,” Lindstrom said of Tennessee. ” Coach Ekeler’s energy, I loved everything that he was about, and thought it’d be a great idea and the best of my interest to come to Tennesse for a visit.”

Getting to see Ekeler’s energy in person was everything Lindstrom thought it would be, as he was impressed by the Tennessee outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator.

“High energy, but he has a purpose to it,” he said of this. “He’s not just going out there screaming just to scream. He has a purpose for what he’s coaching, what he’s teaching. Everything he does, he knows what he’s doing. He’s a great coach and an amazing person.”

The weekend visit to Tennessee certainly solidified the Vols standing with Lindstrom, who was already high on them coming in.

“Coming in here, I thought pretty highly of them, and they’re still the same,” he said on this. ” I think very highly of them. Definitely a team I will take into consideration, and I can see myself going here. It’s the people. The SEC is great. The SEC is the top dog, but I would say the people and the atmosphere (at Tennessee) are next level.”

Missouri, Michigan, Oklahoma, Missouri, Oregon, Auburn, and Arkansas are all heavily involved in his recruitment as well. He does not have a decision timeline in mind for when he will announce a commitment, but he does know what is important to him.

“The people that are in the program, the university, the city,” Lindstrom said of this. “Of course, the campus, academics, but what are they going to do for me outside of football? How are they going to develop me as a person as much as a football player?”

- VQ

Lindstrom has not officially eliminated anyone and he may keep his recruitment somewhat private moving forward, but this is shaping up to be a battle between Tennessee and Oklahoma.

I will see what I hear in the coming days coming off the visit to Norman, but I lean the Vols way as of today.

- Chad Simmons

VN Store

Back