'24 MO EDGE Kellen Lindstrom (Tennessee)

I can’t understand what recruits see in Beamer. Maybe NIL?

It has to be they've gotten an NIL formula going. This is South Carolina. The best thing they've done in years is win 3-4 games to end the season over UT and Clemson. That must have some insane value.

It has to be they've gotten an NIL formula going. This is South Carolina. The best thing they've done in years is win 3-4 games to end the season over UT and Clemson. That must have some insane value.
I know. I have been following recruiting for decades, especially our success and failures in the North and South Carolina area. We compete at the highest level in football when we can consistently take the South Carolina cream. We haven’t been able to consistently do that since Spurrier was there. That’s my concern. Beamer may become an issue for us, like it or not. Goofy and strange as he is, he’s currently a top notch recruiter.

We are going to finish in the top five this year.

Beamer isn’t out recruiting us.
I hope you’re right, but if you look at 2024 and 2025 they have some serious talent lined up, are higher rated and it’s in the North and South Carolina areas, plus DC. These are areas we typically do well in.

I’m talking about December to now, specifically DC to South Carolina very high 4* to 5* guys we were in on and lost out to or are losing out to based on predictions.

Are you aware of how many quality players are in that area?

Like you’re completely ignoring the fact TN signed the #1 player in VA last year and is the leader for the same top player in the 24 class.

Are you aware of how many quality players are in that area?

Like you’re completely ignoring the fact TN signed the #1 player in VA last year and is the leader for the same top player in the 24 class.
I understand, but if you look at on3 Cam Seldon is the #3 player in Virginia, not 1, if that is who you are talking about. If you look at the quality of who they have signed, gotten commitments from or are overwhelming favored to get you may rethink your position. o and d lineman especially. Go to on3 and use their tools and filter. Their 24 and 25 classes look scary. High 5* types. They signed a top 20,5* on national signing day this February from DC. The guys a freak. 6’5” 230. Runs a 9.4 100 yard dash. Wide receiver, tight end or rush edge. Decathlete. I don’t like the trend is all I’m sayin.

I know. I have been following recruiting for decades, especially our success and failures in the North and South Carolina area. We compete at the highest level in football when we can consistently take the South Carolina cream. We haven’t been able to consistently do that since Spurrier was there. That’s my concern. Beamer may become an issue for us, like it or not. Goofy and strange as he is, he’s currently a top notch recruiter.
You have stated SC is out-recruiting us. We had a better class last year. End paragraph.

This class still has 8 months, and an entire season to go. To look at where classes are right now tells you absolutely nothing. And, to be talking about the 25 class, at all, makes me wonder if your decades of following recruiting might have been better spent doing something else.

I understand, but if you look at on3 Cam Seldon is the #3 player in Virginia, not 1, if that is who you are talking about. If you look at the quality of who they have signed, gotten commitments from or are overwhelming favored to get you may rethink your position. o and d lineman especially. Go to on3 and use their tools and filter. Their 24 and 25 classes look scary. High 5* types. They signed a top 20,5* on national signing day this February from DC. The guys a freak. 6’5” 230. Runs a 9.4 100 yard dash. Wide receiver, tight end or rush edge. Decathlete. I don’t like the trend is all I’m sayin.

I do not believe South Carolina has a single commit in the ‘25 class

Run while you still can. 😏

Yeah they are recruiting pretty well. It is what it is. Gotta give it to them. Really the whole conference is on an upswing except for a few teams. But so are we, and as others have said, there’s a long way to go. We’re in on some really big fish, and I love our trajectory. Just enjoy the ride. We will probably have a better signing class on signing day, but even if we don’t, I trust Heupel and company to develop our guys and win a lot of games.

Reactions: hooter vol
9.4 100 yard dash? So he's faster than Usain Bolt?

I hope you’re right, but his fence building is working. I’m not saying we can’t tear it down, but if you look at what he’s done from January to now you start to see a pattern. DC to South Carolina. That may be why Tennessee is looking west versus due east.

Dude SC is not gonna have a better class than us. Just stop with the dumb.

I hope you’re right, but his fence building is working. I’m not saying we can’t tear it down, but if you look at what he’s done from January to now you start to see a pattern. DC to South Carolina. That may be why Tennessee is looking west versus due east.
You can’t be serious with this line of BS. You’re saying that we’re afraid of going up against South Carolina in recruiting battles?

That freak was not being recruited heavily by any of the big guns including us…. The reason is bc he is sawft ….. doesn’t like to hit…. Don’t know if he has a real position…. The scouts/writers stated he was more likely to be great at track than football.

I hope you’re right, but if you look at 2024 and 2025 they have some serious talent lined up, are higher rated and it’s in the North and South Carolina areas, plus DC. These are areas we typically do well in.

I’ll bet anything you want that they don’t end up ahead of us when it’s all said and done…the same way they haven’t finished ahead of us in the 247 rankings dating back to 2018 (which is just as far back as I was willing to check…not the last time they finished ahead of us)…

You are dead set it seems on painting this narrative of Beamer being someone to respect and/or fear…as someone else said, there is absolutely nobody on our end that feels that way about him…he caught us at the exact right moment last year when our players lost focus for a game and our QB tore his ACL…he then used his Butch Jones-ish spiel to land a handful of decent players…that’s all there is to him

I’ve said it before…but I can’t wait for the USCe game this year…if the Mizzou game last year is any evidence of how Heupal treats these sort of things then I truly expect we’ll hang 70+ on them

VN Store

Back