‘23 MO EDGE Chandavian Bradley (Tennessee Commit)

One of Tennessee's assistant coaches traveled to the Midwest on Tuesday to see one of the nation's top pass rushers. Five-star Class of 2023 edge rusher Chandavian Bradley of Platte County High School in Platte City, Mo., said Mike Ekeler, the Vols' outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator, stopped at his school Tuesday morning to check on him.

The 6-foot-5, 210-pound Bradley received a scholarship offer from Tennessee in February and is already high on the Vols. He told GoVols247 that he's scheduled to visit Tennessee for the first time the weekend of May 28 to attend a recruiting event that's expected to bring a number of high-priority targets to Knoxville.

Bradley is rated a five-star prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, where he's ranked the No. 28 overall player and No. 4 edge rusher in the 2023 class and the No. 1 junior from the state of Missouri. According to 247Sports, he's a four-star prospect who's ranked the No. 42 overall player and No. 5 edge rusher in the 2023 class.

While he has yet to visit the Vols, they already have received one of the two predictions for him on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. The other Crystal Ball pick still points to USC as the favorite.

Last month, Bradley released a list of his top 10 college choices that included Tennessee. Washington, USC, Oregon, Miami, Florida State, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and Clemson also were among the front-runners for him at the time..

“It’s a combination of schools I definitely I’ve taken interest in over a period of time,” Bradley told 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong at the time. “Those were for sure the 10 schools that caught my eye the best, in my opinion, really made their best effort to try and recruit me.”

When he released his top 10, Bradley told Wiltfong that Tennessee was "recruiting me the hardest of that group."

"I talk to them almost every day," Bradley said at the time. "Some weeks I talk to them every day. Coach Ekeler is my main contact there, and any time I talk to Coach Ekeler, I talk to (defensive coordinator Tim Banks), and I always end up talking to (head) coach (Josh) Heupel, too.

"Their recruiting — I’ve seen this with a lot of recruits that talk to Tennessee — they’re recruiting very well, and they like to have a genuine connection. The conversation will start off with football but never ends with football. When I talk to Coach Heupel, we never talk about football. We talk about basketball more than football. They also said they might look at basketball with me.

"I’m friends with their (safety) commit, Jack Luttrell, I’m real good friends with Jack Luttrell."

Last month, Bradley said Tennessee was among a handful of schools that he was considering for official visits, along with USC, Texas A&M, USC, Washington, Oregon and Miami. Earlier this month, he told 247Sports' Allen Trieu that he's "taking one official visit in the summer, and that's going to be at Miami (Fla.), and the rest will be used for game days."

Bradley told Trieu that he has "a really good connection with coaches" at Tennessee, "and I'm friends with lots of guys committed there, so there are just lots of things that pile on, and then just the school in general, too."

As for his official-visit plans for this fall, Bradley told Trieu, "I know A&M will be one. That will be the Miami at A&M game. I'll use that for my official. The rest, we will use to go to places I'm truly interested in."
-Callahan

Is apparently visiting this weekend with burley? Can anyone confirm?

The 6-foot-5, 210-pound Bradley received a scholarship offer from Tennessee in February and is already high on the Vols. He told GoVols247 that he's scheduled to visit Tennessee for the first time the weekend of May 28 to attend a recruiting event that's expected to bring a number of high-priority targets to Knoxville.

Thanks. That was a TLDR for me past the first paragraph.

VN Store

Back