MLB The Show

It's really just a remarkable game. Haven't followed MLB much in the past few years but it's the best sports game on the market.

Y'all new folks feel free to ask for any advice, my brain is much better then my stick skills haha
My hitting skills are severely lacking right now lol

I painfully feel this right now. Earlier I played a Battle Royal game where we went to the 5th inning and the final score was 2-1 both of us had 0 hits. It was impressively terrible.
I’ve been using the analog swing right now, my biggest issue is tracking pitches and strike zone discipline and getting better with my timing. Eventually I’ll switch back over to zone once I’m comfortable.

I’ve been using the analog swing right now, my biggest issue is tracking pitches and strike zone discipline and getting better with my timing. Eventually I’ll switch back over to zone once I’m comfortable.
I've spent a lot of time in practice mode hitting BP, but when I go into games it does seem to matter.

I use zone and take a few pitches usually. My biggest issue that I can manage if I concentrate on it is that I over use the left stick, when really you only need about 25% of the range of the stick to cover the whole plate.

Find a view that works for you, I prefer strike zone 2, there's trial and error involved but it works best for me; also try turning the PCI transparency down, I find that I then am watching the ball vs the PCI and letting my thumb react rather than trying to move the PCI.

I imagine this is what's its like to pick up nba2k after not playing it for 10+ years. I freaking suck at this game.

I use zone and take a few pitches usually. My biggest issue that I can manage if I concentrate on it is that I over use the left stick, when really you only need about 25% of the range of the stick to cover the whole plate.

Find a view that works for you, I prefer strike zone 2, there's trial and error involved but it works best for me; also try turning the PCI transparency down, I find that I then am watching the ball vs the PCI and letting my thumb react rather than trying to move the PCI.
I think I finally have a pci I like. Its all the way down to 20% but I can track the ball way better.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Servers are as consistent at my hitting. Would sure be nice if a guy could play online between 8 and 10 eastern.

Went with Piazza for my 1st inning choice, Fernando doesn't throw hard enough to make watching his wind up 1000 times worth it, and I don't use the running game often enough to get value from Lofton.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
Servers are so trash, trying to grind the 1st inning program with the limited time I have to play but can’t due to shotty servers. Hopefully they either extend the program or give missions with nice XP bonus.

Conquest just seems glitchy sometimes, between 15 pitch at bats and seemingly random errors. Just made 5 errors in one inning, 2 on tosses from 2nd to short on double play balls.

Im finally starting to become ok at hitting. My last 2 games against the CPU on veteran I scored 9 and 11 runs in 3 inning games. Now, im playing on All Star and hitting one or two bombs a game. I might try online play soon. My team just isnt quite up to par yet.

Im finally starting to become ok at hitting. My last 2 games against the CPU on veteran I scored 9 and 11 runs in 3 inning games. Now, im playing on All Star and hitting one or two bombs a game. I might try online play soon. My team just isnt quite up to par yet.

i thought my team sucked until i actually played an online game. people are going online with all gold and silver teams. idk if they don't know what they're doing or what, but i am raking in spring training division and regular season. the rewards are kind of ****** in those divisions, but it's a lot less sweaty. i'm dreading going up to the next division.

i thought my team sucked until i actually played an online game. people are going online with all gold and silver teams. idk if they don't know what they're doing or what, but i am raking in spring training division and regular season. the rewards are kind of ****** in those divisions, but it's a lot less sweaty. i'm dreading going up to the next division.
I still havent tried yet but im getting closer, just dont love my lineup yet. Once I add this new Ohtani and then i need 3 SP's I will be set.

I still havent tried yet but im getting closer, just dont love my lineup yet. Once I add this new Ohtani and then i need 3 SP's I will be set.
The thing I love about this game compared to others is you can build a legit team by grinding offline modes (single player) and don’t have to spend money. Pretty refreshing.

Last edited:
The thing I love about this game compared to others is you can build a legit team by grinding offline modes (single player) and don’t have to spend money. Pretty refreshing.
Yup, I spent most of the time I was on the last few days just getting free packs from the first inning showdown. Didnt pull anything but got a lot of bronzes and commons for collections.

VN Store

Back