MLB The Show

Thinking Mariano or Smoltz. Maddux isn't the type to translate well into online play, imo

TS19 is my most played sports video game since probably NCAA 06. Only really played DD with it, but it was so well done that I felt myself wanting to grind for the majority of the cycle. From the last dev stream for 20, it looks like they kept the formula they had in 19 with the inning program, but have added a ton to it. less than 48 hours :)

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Excited about the pitching setup, with carry forward fatigue and being able to choose starters. Makes bullpen management a factor

TS19 is my most played sports video game since probably NCAA 06. Only really played DD with it, but it was so well done that I felt myself wanting to grind for the majority of the cycle. From the last dev stream for 20, it looks like they kept the formula they had in 19 with the inning program, but have added a ton to it. less than 48 hours :)
What's the inning program? I'm debating picking it up tonight since there are no sports to watch.

What's the inning program? I'm debating picking it up tonight since there are no sports to watch.
Every month or so is an "inning" with various challenges and unlocks that unlock special cards. It's good for keeping the game fresh with a mix of offline and online stuff.

The best part of the Show model is that you can build a high end squad with some elbow grease, as opposed to having to play pack opening roulette with your wallet in the EA games. That and if you want to open your wallet and spend $150 on stubs to buy a Mike Trout from the market you can do that as well. The in-game economy is very well thought out, as simple as it may be.

Reactions: Freak
Impressed so far, Showdown is a neat addition but it would've helped to read the tutorial for it.

Took Pudge for my evolution player

Reactions: BearCat204
Impressed so far, Showdown is a neat addition but it would've helped to read the tutorial for it.

Took Pudge for my evolution player
I took Eddie lol. Mainly for Braves Affinity. Played a few rounds of BR and love the changes with pitching. Only played one game of RS and was tied going into the 7th and then back to back bombs with Moustakas and Sanchez. Getting a hold of a ball with perfect/perfect is so satisfying.

Also loving button accuracy fielding, hadn't used it before. Much more responsive than straight button, even though my 3B heaves one into the stands once a game

I took Eddie lol. Mainly for Braves Affinity. Played a few rounds of BR and love the changes with pitching. Only played one game of RS and was tied going into the 7th and then back to back bombs with Moustakas and Sanchez. Getting a hold of a ball with perfect/perfect is so satisfying.
Didn't consider affinity, should have thought on it. Also didn't take one decent lefty bat. It'll be irrelevant in a month but annoying now

Also loving button accuracy fielding, hadn't used it before. Much more responsive than straight button, even though my 3B heaves one into the stands once a game
I started using it in 19 and never looked back. Really like how players with cannons have that little slot that if you hit you will absolutely gun down a guy.

Strike Zone 3 is a good sweet spot for me, seem to be seeing the ball better and getting out ahead of pitches better. I expect that hitting will be turned down a bit before long

So I have 19 but I don’t really play DD. Is the upgrades worth the 20 version?

I would not recommend at a $60 price tag if you are not interested in DD. Don't think there are enough improvements or changes from 19 that would make 20 a must buy.
Butttt.......If you are interested in the new perfect\perfect batting and the improved Fielding mechanics I would at least gI've it a look. Also, if you are wanting a proper Ronnie Baseball, then that alone might be worth it.

Reactions: zjcvols
The Pudge EVO is pissing me off. Got drilled 2x in the last game needing 1 hit and couldn't dashboard fast enough

Santa Maria!!!! 445ft bomb from Aaron Judge in the 14th I was down 5-0 after 3 and won 7-6

Hat tip to a former member, as "Adam Dumb" tied it for me as a PH in the 8th.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol

VN Store

Back