MLB The Show

Anyone have any pointers on hitting. I'm losing a ton of low scoring one to two run games because I'm a poor hitter

Anyone have any pointers on hitting. I'm losing a ton of low scoring one to two run games because I'm a poor hitter
Find a view that suits you, I like strike zone 2 or 3, with zone hitting. Takes time to get used to of course but don't get frustrated.

Take pitches and get a feel for what's gonna be good, if you swing at trash frequently you'll just get more trash.

Play a game against CPU a few levels out of your comfort zone, when you go back to vet or allstar it'll be much slower and easier to read

I also suck at hitting but this has got me up to "bad" from "awful"

Find a view that suits you, I like strike zone 2 or 3, with zone hitting. Takes time to get used to of course but don't get frustrated.

Take pitches and get a feel for what's gonna be good, if you swing at trash frequently you'll just get more trash.

Play a game against CPU a few levels out of your comfort zone, when you go back to vet or allstar it'll be much slower and easier to read

I also suck at hitting but this has got me up to "bad" from "awful"
I just applied some of this advice and I have improved a good bit. I'm still bad but much less so

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I noticed a big difference in my hitting when I went to using a monitor. I was able to catch up to high fastballs that I wasn't able to before on my TV.

I noticed a big difference in my hitting when I went to using a monitor. I was able to catch up to high fastballs that I wasn't able to before on my TV.
I've tried to just cede the top 1/4 of the zone to the pitcher since I always look foolish

I made division series for the first time last night. I don't play ranked seasons much because of the 9 inning games but next season I think I will see how far I can get.

I’m jumping back into gaming with a PS4 Pro. I want to get MLB: The Show 20, but what are the differences in the numerous versions? They’re at different prices at Best Buy and I can’t just walk in there and ask. TIA!

I’m jumping back into gaming with a PS4 Pro. I want to get MLB: The Show 20, but what are the differences in the numerous versions? They’re at different prices at Best Buy and I can’t just walk in there and ask. TIA!
The new one is my first one so I'm not qualified to answer. I really like it though. If you plan to play online get the new one

I've been 99% Diamond Dynasty for 3 years or so, not sure you're getting a whole lot more if you plan on playing offline. I feel the game's constantly improved but really depends on whether you're playing online or not.

I've been 99% Diamond Dynasty for 3 years or so, not sure you're getting a whole lot more if you plan on playing offline. I feel the game's constantly improved but really depends on whether you're playing online or not.
You’ll have to explain Diamond Dynasty, and I don’t think I’ll be playing online much. I don’t have great internet at home. The MVP Edition includes the expansion pack and bonus content, so what does that include and do I need it if not playing online?

You’ll have to explain Diamond Dynasty, and I don’t think I’ll be playing online much. I don’t have great internet at home. The MVP Edition includes the expansion pack and bonus content, so what does that include and do I need it if not playing online?
Base version is fine then, most all the benefits of the enhanced editions are for Diamond Dynasty which is an ultimate team type mode.

Reactions: Regulator
I would get the base version. If you like diamond dynasty you can always by cards at that point. Personally I really enjoy diamond dynasty

Do you have trouble throwing strikes with lefties? For whatever reason I can't control Tom Glavine. Which is weird because I pitch reasonably well with the rest of my staff who is lower rated

I seem to do alright with lefties I have three in my rotation currently.

VN Store

Back