MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

I went to vote early on three different occasions. The first two, I just gave up because the line was so long. On the third try, I waited about an hour.
I've gone and it took 10 mins.
I've gone and it took 2 hours plus.

I know people that have spent as much as 12 hours (and longer) in line for tickets to sporting events, concerts, movies, Christmas shopping....

And we re told that, "this election is the most important ever".

I've gone and it took 10 mins.
I've gone and it took 2 hours plus.

I know people that have spent as much as 12 hours (and longer) in line for tickets to sporting events, concerts, movies, Christmas shopping....

And we re told that, "this election is the most important ever".
Exactly, voting shouldnt be a matter of convince. If it something means enough to a person one will find a way to get it done.

I hope it's the Yankees and Braves in the World Series.......and the Braves refuse to allow their home games to be televised or allow anyone associated with MLB in the Stadium.

👍👍

Cuomo and Kemp could have a bet. Loser of the series resigns from office

not having 24 hour access does not mean their presence doesn't add to the options to deliver one's ballot hence the bill expands the options in this case.
It restricts the options from what Georgia voters had available to them in the 2020 election cycle. The reason for this is simple... Republicans lost some very important elections, and they are nervous about the possibility of having Governor Stacey Abrams in the future.

It restricts the options from what Georgia voters had available to them in the 2020 election cycle. The reason for this is simple... Republicans lost some very important elections, and they are nervous about the possibility of having Governor Stacey Abrams in the future.
And it was known beforehand that these were EMERGENCY EXEMPTIONS DUE TO A PANDEMIC, so if they world goes back to normal, why shouldnt the voting process?

Reactions: hog88 and GAVol
One would think the Dems never won an election back when Election Day was actually one day.
When Obama won, "elections have consequences"
When Trump won....the same.
When Biden won...the same.

Politics and elections are like college football recruiting.
When you re winning nobody cares about cheating especially your team. When you re losing everybody is cheating.

But you.

you continually ignore those options were not part of GA election law but were an emergency step.

this bill preserves some of those things that were done as an emergency exemption to the existing GA law.

they could have kept the tradition ban on use of drop boxes but did not

This has to do with placing restrictions on early voting and Sunday voting... and not allowing water to be handed out to people waiting in line to vote for f*** sake. The "this is just about requiring an ID" is a bull $hit crutch for the real issue: limiting voter participation as much as possible.
The water thing is without a doubt the weakest criticism. People standing in line can still get water. They just can’t get handed a “Warnock Water” within 150’ of the poll. There is already a law against campaigning at polling places. This just clarified that you can’t do it under the guise of providing food and water the way the Warnock campaign did.

I'm glad you asked. For the 2020 election, there were 94 drop boxes across the four counties that make up the core of metropolitan Atlanta: Fulton, Cobb, DeKalb and Gwinnett. The new law limits the same four counties to a total of, at most, 23 drop boxes. There won't just be fewer drop boxes, however. Instead of 24 hour access outdoors, the boxes must be placed indoors at government buildings and early-voting sites and will thus be unavailable for voters to drop off their ballots during evenings and other non-business hours.

This measure is likely to have the effect of pushing absentee voters to return ballots through the mail, which in 2020 did not prove as reliable as in the past because of Republican cuts to the Postal Service (a policy also designed to limit voter participation in the presidential election).

Sounds like they’ve streamlined and made the process more secure.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Nowhere in that post you replied to did I mention minorities... the Republican agenda is about limiting voter participation across the board. Statistically speaking, when voter turnout is lower than expected in toss-up elections (when the consensus among polls is within the margin of error), it is to the benefit of the Republican candidate.

So, the Democratic base which is primarily made up of minorities is too stupid to follow basic rules only older, middle aged white people are intelligent enough to follow them. Good to know

Why should you be able to vote 24/7? That’s absolutely ridiculous.

When it benefits the Democrat's favor ..... you know this. Democrats can't win elections without cheating.
That's why the border is wide open now ..... Dems are hoping that these migrants are future democratic voters.

Last edited:
There has been plenty of proof, you leftists just don’t care because it benefits your side. They may not have been great but at least there aren’t commies like the POS candidates that won. We don’t need ignorant morons voting just because some ghetto rap idiot or fraud SJW athlete tells them to.
During the primaries for the 2008 election my wife and I went to vote there was a young black male in line and when he got up to the point where they ask which party he was voting for this was the conversation:
Poll worker: sir do you need a R or D ballot
Voter: I’m here to vote for obama
Poll worker: sir do you need a R or D ballot
Voter: I’m here to vote for obama
Poll worker: sir I can’t tell you a certain candidate I can only ask which party so I can give you that party’s candidates
Voter: I don’t know I’m here to vote for Obama
I have no idea how long this went on but we know why he was there to vote for Obama and I don’t want idiots like this voting

If you get your way and they quit letting idiots vote, there might be some unintended consequences.

The 2020 election cycle was an anomaly and without this bill GA voters might not even had drop boxes for the next election.

I'm still waiting for leftists to call the voting laws in most of the rest of the world racist, but I never see it. Would one of you go on the record stating that?
45 minutes later, posts from our resident doofuses, no response to this. Will one of you please tell me if I need to be outraged at the inherent racism of voter identification and election protection laws in most every developed country (and many undeveloped ones, too)?

Reactions: wmcovol and Y9 Vol

VN Store

Back