MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

So far as I can tell the GA law expands voting access by:

1. Extending early voting period
2. Allowing for the legal use of drop boxes for absentee ballots (in addition to allowing traditional mailing)
3. Mandating voters experiencing waits longer than an hour have additional precincts open

So in each of the 3 forms of voting access has been increased.

So far as I can tell the GA law restricts voting access by:

1. Reducing the time frame to request an absentee ballot (still over 2 month window to do so; about the same window as Illinois).

So far as I can tell what remains unchanged:

1. No excuse absentee voting (no reason required to vote this way - notably both NY and Delaware (among others) are considerably more restrictive)
2. Voter ID required to vote in person

Last edited:
If they win they win.
That's the hope; but if repubs try to pull a Trumpesqe "the election was stolen" scam, the new bill makes it more likely that a legitimate election could wrongfully be overturned.

The thing that was expanded the most was the control of elections by state republicans.
Only time will tell how significant of a change that turns out to be.
You'll have to excuse me if I do not trust the very crowd who willing jumped onboard the Trump election fraud/stolen election bs.
You mean the group that Trump tried to pressure, and didnt fold, afterwards folded when Trump was out of power?

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Then the bill should have made provisions for setting up a bipartisan committee made up of an equal number from each party to be chosen from the opposing party.
then you would complain that it doesn't reflect the party distribution and that it was another way for Rs to keep control when they shouldn't have it.

Reactions: AM64
I think you have used up your arguments as to why this voting bill is racist and unfair to minorities Luther. I'm sorry all of Georgia's low income blacks and hispanics can't vote while the low income white's in rural Georgia get double votes, free water and ice cream in the polling lines and many other favors. Maybe since I'm in nearby TN I can just mail in a GA ballot for one of the poor and downtrodden, just tell me who to vote for.

Wait, free ice cream?

Two scoops even?

Nope. This would be the group who were willing to fold to whatever Trump wished.
except they didn't on the vote, or opening up early under Covid. you have an irrational fear here.

you keep talking about what they "would do", while ignoring what they actually did in the situation that you are describing.

Under current law, key issues in election management — including decisions on disqualifying ballots and voter eligibility — are made by county boards of election. The new law allows the State Board of Elections to determine that these county boards are performing poorly, replacing the entire board with an administrator chosen at the state level.

At the same time, the bill enhances the General Assembly’s control over the state board.

It removes Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican who famously stood up to Trump’s attempts to overturn the election results in Georgia, from his role as both chair and voting member of the board. The new chair would be appointed by the legislature, which already appoints two members of the five-person board — meaning that a full majority of the board will now be appointed by the Republican-dominated body.

Anybody who doesn't think that the true motivation behind this kind of GOP bill is to reduce Dem turnout and voting is flat out delusional.

Regardless of whatever alternative justification they might offer, everyone know that the reason they are doing it, the true motivation, is to gain an advantage.

To be sure, Dems do it too. When their bills expand the time to vote or offer alternatives to the traditional go to the polling place scenario, it is to increase their voting turnout.

But I wince at these so called innocent explanations from people we KNOW are lying about why these measures are being passed. Its so obvious.

You know what's even more funny?

The fact Democrats are making their followers believe its harder to vote now when it's the complete opposite.

Anybody who doesn't think that the true motivation behind this kind of GOP bill is to reduce Dem turnout and voting is flat out delusional.

Regardless of whatever alternative justification they might offer, everyone know that the reason they are doing it, the true motivation, is to gain an advantage.

To be sure, Dems do it too. When their bills expand the time to vote or offer alternatives to the traditional go to the polling place scenario, it is to increase their voting turnout.

But I wince at these so called innocent explanations from people we KNOW are lying about why these measures are being passed. Its so obvious.
LMAO

Under current law, key issues in election management — including decisions on disqualifying ballots and voter eligibility — are made by county boards of election. The new law allows the State Board of Elections to determine that these county boards are performing poorly, replacing the entire board with an administrator chosen at the state level.

At the same time, the bill enhances the General Assembly’s control over the state board.

It removes Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican who famously stood up to Trump’s attempts to overturn the election results in Georgia, from his role as both chair and voting member of the board. The new chair would be appointed by the legislature, which already appoints two members of the five-person board — meaning that a full majority of the board will now be appointed by the Republican-dominated body.

You mean elections have consequences?

So you have not even kept up with this issue but criticize me because I have. Before you posted, how much time did you take to find a source for my post? My wild guess is zero, meaning you do not want to know.

"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one."
Alabama Closing Many DMV Offices in Majority Black Counties

In 2011, the Alabama legislature passed a voter ID law requiring voters to bring an approved form of photo identification — such as a state-issued driver's license — to the polls. The law went into effect in 2014, and in 2015 state authorities made a surprising announcement: They'd be shuttering 31 of the roughly 75 driver's license offices in the state, ostensibly due to budgetary problems. As it turned out, many of the offices were located in majority-black counties."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-is-from-2015-and-its-missing-one-key-point/

How many sources do you need before the information penetrates the glob of snot clogging your brain?
LOL. You mad cause you got outed.

VN Store

Back