Mizzou opens at -7

I think if UT tightens up the fumbles and plays cocky like they did vs Kentucky they can easily win. They lost to USCjr by 3(like UT) and lost to Kentucky by 1 IN Missouri! This game in Neyland should be evenly matched. They don't have a really good running game like either of those teams they pass... A LOT. The secondary is becoming snipers. Need the D-Line to play big again and rattle Lock.
They have a good running game. They aren't one dimensional like Kentucky. I agree with the rest of you post.

Maybe someone can get a "Here we go, Rommel; here we go!" chant going behind their bench. Spend the whole night yelling "Hey Orange Dog!" and "Shower discipline!" at him.
Why? Some of you are more infatuated with making fun of ex coaches than you are with the outcome of the game.

sorry dude but I have a bipolar kid that takes lithium so I know what I'm talking about
Get that kid off drugs! Hell everybody is up and down. Get him into a hobby or sport or some type of activity to keep him involved. We never heard of bipolar growing up, and most of us in my age bracket did fine. All Drugs have side effects. Not my business; but just the voice of experience. Lived It with MINE.

Reactions: Sea Ray and vols40
Get that kid off drugs! Hell everybody is up and down. Get him into a hobby or sport or some type of activity to keep him involved. We never heard of bipolar growing up, and most of us in my age bracket did fine. All Drugs have side effects. Not my business; but just the voice of experience. Lived It with MINE.
I wish it was that easy. The problem is when he's off of it he's suicidal. The problem with all of them is the drugs fixes the highs and lows but makes them numb to life. They think they dont need it any longer and go off the drug then the depression kicks in and he goes suicidal. I'd love to say "its all in his head" and tried that approach for many years but its just not true. If you dont have a bipolar child, consider yourself lucky.

I honestly dont look for us to win this Saturday. I think Mizzou has too much offensive firepower and we cannot get into a boat race with them. Unless Guarantano has the game of his life and Pruitt D-Coordinates the game of his life, this very well could be a similar game to West Virginia.
Maybe it is similar to WV. But I believe if we played them again today it’d be a different story. We win in Neyland by 10+

I think we’ll be in the game. With the win against UK, it was a big shot in the arm. Playing for a bowl adds some urgency to the game and gives us a lot to play for

I honestly dont look for us to win this Saturday. I think Mizzou has too much offensive firepower and we cannot get into a boat race with them. Unless Guarantano has the game of his life and Pruitt D-Coordinates the game of his life, this very well could be a similar game to West Virginia.

Mizzou may win, but the WV comparison is a little off. WV would boat race Mizzou just like they did UT.

Yet Vandy had them whipped until Vandy was Vandy in the 4th quarter. They are not that good.
Yes they are that good! Wait , No they are not!
But we are terrible! Wait , what week is it, We May be Good!
I give up? Only Bama is Good every week, everyone else is good this week, bad the next!
Let’s play the game and see which team shows up on both sides

I was always under the belief Mizzou would be a tougher game though. They’re way more balanced than UK. They’re throw heavy but they have a good back or 2 as well. It will be another down to the wire game like SC. Hopefully defense plays better than that and the refs don’t screw us.

I was always under the belief Mizzou would be a tougher game though. They’re way more balanced than UK. They’re throw heavy but they have a good back or 2 as well. It will be another down to the wire game like SC. Hopefully defense plays better than that and the refs don’t screw us.

420 Rushing attempts
356 passing attempts

We run more than we pass this year.

VEGAS INSIDER shows the line opened at 5, now at 5.5. Don't know where you got the 7.
Screenshot_20181112-034028_Samsung Internet.jpg

The line opened at -7 at around 5 yesterday afternoon, a few sites went public at that time with the line. By the time other sites listed the game the line had dropped to -5 which is where it stands now.

I don't bet on sporting events, but this is how I see it also:
we need lithium our team is so bipolar. The team that played UF and Charlotte might show up or the team that played Auburn and Ky might show up. This is a bet to stay away from.

Outside of Georgia, this is one of the stranger years in a while for SEC East teams, lots of anomalous results (losses to Georgia and Alabama, as well as most "vs. SEC West" results excluded):

Florida beat LSU, Vandy, UT, USC, lost to UK and Missouri;

Tennessee beat Auburn and UK, lost to USCe and Florida;

USCe beat Missouri, Vandy, and UT, lost to UK and Florida;

Missouri beat Florida, Vandy, lost to UK and USCe;

UK beat Florida, USCe, Vandy, and Missouri, lost to UT.

Vandy beat Arkansas, lost to UF, USCe, UK, Missouri, almost beat ND.

So, comparing results is even more useless than normal. Lots of close games too, lots of parity.

Last edited:
TN is getting 7 or 5 or whatever it is at now.
Mizzou has to cover.
You would be taking TN plus the points.
Yes, you’re right. The favorite is the team that covers. My post was semantically incorrect. But I think, hopefully, everyone knew what I meant.

Reactions: Behr
we're at home, but always dislike the CBS 3:30 slot...it sux...except, we win this one....:D

GO VOLS...BEAT TIGERS!

Can we play well on both sides of the ball 2 weeks in a row? If so, I give us a 60/40 chance against Mizzou. If we play poorly on either side, they'll score way more than we can. I believe we'll play well. GBO!!!

VN Store

Back