Missouri's Home Wins

Is it me, or does it seem like we have to play out there 2 out of every 3 years? :confused: That's been some of the strangest games vs them. We were friggin' horrible last year and I took my wife to see that mess. Jones' had 1 decent game up there when they sucked. Dooley laid one of the biggest eggs in history vs them here at home. Anyway, playing them just seems off-kilter for some reason. I hope we align the stars properly this time.

Reactions: DixieVol
Mizzou will get hammered by UF, and when they play us they'll already have it mailed in. They've got nothing to play for.

You have a crystal ball, do ya?
I’m not buying what your selling, it’s an SEC road game and those wins must be earned,
Mizzou won’t “mail it in”

With Bryant, they will be competitive and be waiting for our offense. Our offense needs to take care of business. The run games has been nonproductive most of the season except for the closing drive against MSU.
I have a feeling and am hoping that they use the bye week to address the running game. Our passing game could be border line elite with even the slightest threat of a running game. Even with a sub par QB. There has been no real threat to rush the ball so you can squat on our receivers with very little risk. If this changes then look out.........

They are 5-0 but it's not like they have beaten any great teams so far...let's see how they fare against Florida this week
the 5 wins
WVU 3-6
SE Missouri St. 7-3
USCe 4-6
Troy 4-5
Ole Miss 4-6

I have never understood the mentality of running down your opponent. This makes it a no win situation. If we win then we beat a garbage team, and if we lose well you know the narrative.

I guess their fan base could say the same about us. It took a goal line stand to beat a team with a wide receiver playing QB.

We have improved greatly since the first game fiasco, but we are not a great team in fact I would say we are average.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Assuming Missouri is healthy after playing FL, I think this will be a tough game in their stadium. I expect FL to roll them, in turn, TN players watching the game may think it's an easy win. The worst thing the Vols can do is over look them. That's going to fall on the coach to drill the message home.

Reactions: tbh
They are 5-0 but it's not like they have beaten any great teams so far...let's see how they fare against Florida this week
the 5 wins
WVU 3-6
SE Missouri St. 7-3
USCe 4-6
Troy 4-5
Ole Miss 4-6
That said that is one huge advantage that we have is we are coming off of a bye week and they are coming off of a game against Florida.

I have a feeling and am hoping that they use the bye week to address the running game. Our passing game could be border line elite with even the slightest threat of a running game. Even with a sub par QB. There has been no real threat to rush the ball so you can squat on our receivers with very little risk. If this changes then look out.........

O line has been banged up and needs time to heal. We need Wright back a right tackle for sure.

Assuming Missouri is healthy after playing FL, I think this will be a tough game in their stadium. I expect FL to roll them, in turn, TN players watching the game may think it's an easy win. The worst thing the Vols can do is over look them. That's going to fall on the coach to drill the message home.

Bye week to prep, nobody gets overlooked for Vandy and 50-17 X 2.

Don't forget Odom publicly talking sh!t about us after we inquired about some of their players transferring due to probation.

Missouri is a decent team that has injuries. They will play hard against us they always do plus they have Dooley. He will have them fired up....

Missouri has a great home field advantage in night games during November.

It is really cold and they stadium is dark.

Plus, they have Derek Dooley and his Cowboy's playbook.

Tigers by 20+

I dont ever root for the Gators but if they would put a azz whupping on them and with our week of come out from the start sharp they will lay down and mail it in because they don't have nothing to play for because they caN'T GO TO A BOWL THIS YEAR.

Missouri’s defense is #2 in the SEC in total defense, Kentucky’s is 9th.
Missouri is now getting into the meat of their schedule so those numbers are a bit inflated, gave up somewhere close to 350 yds to Georgia with 160 rushing yds, they play Florida this week so we'll see there. Missouri does usually have a pretty stout defense though and this year is no different but that offense even with Kelly Bryant isn't very good. Sort of like us some games

I have heard from friends of mine how well Mizzou has played at home. Looking at the teams they beat from the OP it strikes me that they took care of business. They have been a mess on the road. Be interesting to see how they do VS FL this week. We played them at FL and were never in the game. We'll hope we get some rest this weak and get some of banged up players well. I think Bryant or no Bryant I look for a competitive game that we have a chance to win. We owe Mizzou as they have a winning record since joining the SEC. Plus we have something to play for.

Fortunately, we're not the same team that lost big to FL in game no. 4.

VN Store

Back