Missouri's Home Wins

I have heard from friends of mine how well Mizzou has played at home. Looking at the teams they beat from the OP it strikes me that they took care of business. They have been a mess on the road. Be interesting to see how they do VS FL this week. We played them at FL and were never in the game. We'll hope we get some rest this weak and get some of banged up players well. I think Bryant or no Bryant I look for a competitive game that we have a chance to win. We owe Mizzou as they have a winning record since joining the SEC. Plus we have something to play for.
Throw our FL game out. We have a mental block when we play them. I think we've been more competitive on the road than Mizzou.

Reactions: feathersax
Some
They are 5-0 but it's not like they have beaten any great teams so far...let's see how they fare against Florida this week
the 5 wins
WVU 3-6
SE Missouri St. 7-3
USCe 4-6
Troy 4-5
Ole Miss 4-6
Some people never learn

This ...more than any other reason why I think we should win. With no post season to play for and having being hammered by UGA then UF, I’m just looking forward to putting the hammer down on them. They deserve it...then Vandy.
I'd like nothing more than to send them back to the bottom of the SEC where they belong. They can join their friends in Vandy, Kentucky, Uscjr, Arky, Ole Miss, and Miss State. Hopefully they stop winning the QB lottery and stay there. Good riddance!

Honestly, I think they will hold him out of the UF game if there's any question at all. They need him to have any shot at making a bowl... and they need the money.

They won't be eligible for a bowl regardless if the ban is upheld. Best they can hope for at this point is to spoil Florida's season.imo

Hmm
Hmm, they've got GA 5 spots ahead and UAB 4 spots on the NCAA site. NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com
I don't think they've really faced anyone worth a damn besides GA, and we seen how that went. Kinda like UAB, weak schedule. I bet our defense is better. Look at their losses. They've lost to teams we beat, and we scored on the bulldogs, which they failed to do.
Probably based on how they measure “total defense”. The source I referenced based it on total yards allowed per game.

Edit: you’re looking at NCAA ranks. I’m looking at SEC ranks. Missouri is #2 in the SEC behind Georgia. Think your list shows the same thing.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
After seeing how inconsistent we are nothing would surprise me. Vols should win but without a running game we become one dimensional and let’s face it we look pedestrian at times. Bye week should help iron out some issues and get healthy.

My guess is the run game will be a major focus at practice the next two weeks.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Probably based on how they measure “total defense”. The source I referenced based it on total yards allowed per game.

Edit: you’re looking at NCAA ranks. I’m looking at SEC ranks. Missouri is #2 in the SEC behind Georgia. Think your list shows the same thing.
Gotcha. Still. Their schedule has been weak. Look at how much they've let the team's we beat score on them. I think we got this. If Bryant plays, I'll hold my breath, but I like our match-up here.

Gotcha. Still. Their schedule has been weak. Look at how much they've let the team's we beat score on them. I think we got this. If Bryant plays, I'll hold my breath, but I like our match-up here.
KB is the ultimate pessimist. He thinks the glass is half full of AIDS-infected urine.

Go read the UK game thread and you'll find out all you need to know.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Missouri is giving up 19.1 points per game and Tennessee 23. Not a huge difference. UGA, Florida, Alabama and Auburn all better than Missouri.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Missouri is giving up 19.1 points per game and Tennessee 23. Not a huge difference. UGA, Florida, Alabama and Auburn all better than Missouri.

Those numbers a lot better for Tennessee if you look at the last 3 games which could be argued is more indicative of how each team is playing. Vols giving up 13.7 per game in three wins. Missouri giving up 25.7 in 3 losses.

They are 5-0 but it's not like they have beaten any great teams so far...let's see how they fare against Florida this week
the 5 wins
WVU 3-6
SE Missouri St. 7-3
USCe 4-6
Troy 4-5
Ole Miss 4-6

Yeah that's a pile of crap teams, for sure. Only one with a winning record is FCS like UTC.

Per the NCAA Mizzou SOS is 90th out of 130. Vols are 18.

NCAA Statistics

First time in a long time we are not in the top 10! But way better schedule than Mizzou, similar record.

VN Store

Back