Missouri: Saturday 1/23/2021, SEC NW, 8:30pm (TN 64, MZ 73)

Some teams are a bad match-up for UT, Mizzou is not one of those teams. In fact, UT is a bad match-up for the Tigers, Vols by 10+
I agree. We match up well with them. If we play with fire in our belly we will win.

Reactions: The Dog
Not sure what to expect. One would think Missouri will come in breathing fire after what we did to them earlier in the season and we'd be primed for the upset. Yet after that shameful display vs UF, we might come out and run them off the floor. Or we might have another lay down type performance and stink it up again. You "build" character. I'll be very interested to see how this bunch responds.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Not sure what to expect. One would think Missouri will come in breathing fire after what we did to them earlier in the season and we'd be primed for the upset. Yet after that shameful display vs UF, we might come out and run them off the floor. Or we might have another lay down type performance and stink it up again. You "build" character. I'll be very interested to see how this bunch responds.

As intelligent and well reasoned an assessment as you'll find on this board.

Tennessee basketball games are reality--not reality TV, and not a skinner box. Vol fans cannot expect to get a food pellet everytime they press the gametime lever.

It's a good time to remind ourselves that ours is (as all teams are) a work in progress, and that each individual is a work in progress. What counts is who we have become by March.

Will Springer play?

I think Springer's value is his ability to create high percentage shots. He gets into the lane for that 6-ft jumper with contact, and those 9-0 runs by opponents get reduced to 7-2(+1) runs. That's the effective difference between the other team "having the momentum" and just "taking a lead."

I also think that is what Barnes meant by "lack of leadership" from players who weren't willing to demand the ball and create a high-percentage shot to dent Florida's momentum.

Id like to apologize. The UF game was my fault. I put money on UT, causing them to lose. Not betting on this one so we should be good.

I’d heard or read that he’ll probably be sitting out 2 or 3 games but unfortunately I don’t recall the source.
I think it's the smart thing to do. Without him, it appears we have very little chance of beating quality teams. I'd rather take my losses now and have him healthy by the time tournament time rolls around.

I think it's the smart thing to do. Without him, it appears we have very little chance of beating quality teams. I'd rather take my losses now and have him healthy by the time tournament time rolls around.

Exactly. Peak in March got once.

I certainly hope we come to play today, the fiasco against Florida was unbearable. When it comes to basketball I don't get too torn up if we lose just as long as I see our team hustling and trying to win, we didn't see it the last time we took the court.

Missouri is going to want revenge with the beatdown we gave them, I hope we are ready

Go Big Orange

VN Store

Back