Missouri hit with sanctions after academic fraud

UNC got away with it because they went big. Sounds crazy but is true. The fake classes were open to all students, not just athletes. Athletes were pushed into/encouraged to take them, but the academic fraud wasn't limited to athletes. It was actually more of a threat to their SACS accreditation than any NCAA trouble. That might have even part of the calculation on their part. Create the joke classes for the athletes to take and keep them eligible, but not necessarily cheat on behalf of anyone specific by letting anyone take them.

What Mizzou did was centered around athletes - this tutor completed work/cheated for specific athletes.

NOW we know why the Duke student body used to chant, "JR can't read!!"

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I’m also pretty sure it was that the NCAA asked him about it a second time - the NCAA at that point already knowing all of what had actually happened - and Pearl chose to double down by lying to the investigators again.

Yep, and the UT admin knew the NCAA had a picture. Tossed him under the bus, something NC, Mich ST, Ky, Kansas, Syracuse and any other number of schools would not have let happen.

Again the BBQ had recruits that were not allowed to be there, that violation that Pearl lied about is no longer a NCAA violation.
Lying to the NCAA is apparently a death plenty, setting up fake classes " magazine reading etc" is not, See NC.

Anyway this thread is about Mizzou so let's circle back to the discussion.

NCAA hits Missouri with one-year postseason ban, recruiting restrictions for academic violations
Wasn't sure if this had been posted yet. Bet Kelly Bryant is wishing he had looked around a little more. Silly Missouri , you're barely an SEC school. Don't you know you can't do this your first 30 years in the SEC?

5-2 against us since joining. .500 or better against half the teams in the conference and +5 over .500 over all. Two SEC CG appearances since 2012. I think they are doing okay. Living in Mizzou country is no fun, but even I have to say they got a raw deal.

Reactions: 05_never_again
5-2 against us since joining. .500 or better against half the teams in the conference and +5 over .500 over all. Two SEC CG appearances since 2012. I think they are doing okay. Living in Mizzou country is no fun, but even I have to say they got a raw deal.
Yep. Probably the most disrespected team in CFB, and not really for any good reason. They are a very inconsistent program coupled with the fact they're viewed as an outsider, but they've certainly kicked our ass and we have zilch grounds to go after them. They aren't over .500 since joining though, but almost (27-29).

VN Store

Back