Missouri has the 13th ranked pass D

Definitely, but think Pruitt will want to try and run it if we can. If we're scoring quickly, and Miz matching us with long drives, it could be a shootout. Just like with GA and SC, if our D has been on the field alot, we could have a tough time in 4th qtr because we're gassed with lack of depth. So, I think Pruitt will want some long time consuming drives to keep their offense off the field...though certainly taking shots down field.

Plus, they run a hurry-up offense, a lot. They will gas us, and take control of the game.

I think this is a bad match up. It's the WVU game all over again but Drew Lock is a better QB, and Mizzou has a better stable of WRs, RBs than WV had.

I'm excited because we will get to see how much progress our corners have made since game 1, and the defense as a whole.

As far as attacking their defense, I think it's a catch 22. If we hit on the deep passes that's fine. But if we are passing alot, we are lengthening the game, and therefore giving their offense more snaps. An offense that can strike quick.

I'd like to see us run the ball and string together a few 5-7 minute drives to limit their offensive flow and snaps. We need to get it to the 4th qtr. and hope we're in position for a punchers chance. I think Mizzou has one of the more deceptive records in the country. They could easily be a 1 loss team in one of the garbage conferences like B12 or Pac.

false.

What is Missouri ranking regarding rushing defense?

Tied for 30th in the country. They’re tied with LSU’s run defense when it comes to rushing yards per game.

Though I don’t know whether or not that’s more an effect of teams opting to pass against them more (due to the higher rate of success).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Tied for 30th in the country. They’re tied with LSU’s run defense when it comes to rushing yards per game.

Though I don’t know whether or not that’s more an effect of teams opting to pass against them more (due to the higher rate of success).
Thanks TrueOrange.

UT will hand the ball off so many times you will get sick of it. But.....the Vols will hit almost every one of their 3rd down pass attempts, some of them will be over 25 yards down field and scoring TDs. Vols score 38 and shut down Mizzou's offense for the most part. Final score 38-21 with one of Mizzou's TDs being trash.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
That depends on what team decides to show up on Saturday. Offense has trouble scoring in the first and fourth quarters. Unless the defense completely shuts Missouri down, the offense will likely need to score every quarter to win.

Really? Not giving our defense enough credit imo.

Interesting. If this game does turn into a foot race on the scoreboard maybe we can keep up. This game could simply come down to which secondary wants it the most.

Kind of like our defense apparently defending the pass OK last year, till you notice we gave up 8,000 yards rushing each game.

Reactions: Volatility
I think this is a bad match up. It's the WVU game all over again but Drew Lock is a better QB, and Mizzou has a better stable of WRs, RBs than WV had.

I'm excited because we will get to see how much progress our corners have made since game 1, and the defense as a whole.

As far as attacking their defense, I think it's a catch 22. If we hit on the deep passes that's fine. But if we are passing alot, we are lengthening the game, and therefore giving their offense more snaps. An offense that can strike quick.

I'd like to see us run the ball and string together a few 5-7 minute drives to limit their offensive flow and snaps. We need to get it to the 4th qtr. and hope we're in position for a punchers chance. I think Mizzou has one of the more deceptive records in the country. They could easily be a 1 loss team in one of the garbage conferences like B12 or Pac.
Got it. 50pass/50rush. Hut hut!!!

Really? Not giving our defense enough credit imo.

I think it's more of people underestimating Drew Lock. He plays really well at times.

The defense looked really good last week and allowed only 3 against Charlotte. It's more of the offense that I'm worried about being consistent. If the offense doesn't play well enough and keeps getting 3 and outs, the defense will get worn out eventually.

Reactions: LittleVol

You are crazier than hell if Lock is better than Grier and the weapons WVU has. Seen both play in person and Lock is good but makes a lot more mistakes than Grier plus first game of the year.

Pruitt verses Dooley, ball game. I expect their offensive linemen to have a long day. I expect Lock to get loose with the ball a few times, and I expect Baylen to be a frequent target. So let’s hope he’s a little bit more prepared than he was the UK game. They can go in targeting Alontae, but he will make them change that plan midway through the 1st quarter.
We need Bituli to play out of his mind which he has since the Georgia game. Nigel has been playing at an elite level, Abernathy is playing good ball as well. Mizzou has good backers and a monster in the middle named Terry Buckner. We won’t be able to consistently gain yards but I expect to pop a few.
It is no excuse not to exploit Mizzous DB’s with the WR’s we posses. If we don’t then this loss is on Helton, period. Film will show all type of holes back there. Career day for JG Saturday..book it

Not sure I buy your take. Drew Locke is a couple of levels below Will Grier. And WVUs WRs are night and day better than Missouri’s. No way Kentucky could hold WVU to 13 points. Locke is an inconsistent QB. The key to this game is stifling Missouri’s running attack. If we can get them in predictable passing situations, I like our chances. Our secondary has developed to become a formidable unit. And this week with Flowers coming back, this will be the 1st time in awhile that they are at full strength.

On offense we need to attack their secondary with the deep ball and then implement a running attack. This is a winnable game at home.

Mizzous offense has better RBs than WVU, that would be their only edge.

Well according to NFL Draft experts, Drew Lock is in a whole different echelon than Will Grier. And honestly, if you watch either of them at all - it's pretty evident.

Top QB Prospects for 2019 NFL Draft:
top qbs.png

As for the WRs, I'm not sure either team has a viable NFL option. David Sills, once again, is good in a Big12 system. But he's hardly a remarkable athlete - I'm not sure his savvy will be enough to carry him at the next level. Missouri has a much more athletic wideout room.

I'm completely fine with your disagreement, and would welcome some evidence that backs up your claim.

In the SEC. Deep bombs all day, time to show out Marquez, Jennings, Palmer, and Murphy. Offense will explode this game.
Not just the receivers either. I'd love to see more of Chandler catching the ball downfield as well.

It will take pressure on the QB and stopping the run. Far better QB than Kentucky has need Taylor to stay in his face all game while we make them one dimensional. Seems to be a game where we'll have to score 30 to win. I don't think they can cover our WR's hopefully our running game is effective that will make it even tougher for them to defense the pass.

That will be difficult at times. I watched the MIzz Vandy game Saturday and noticed that MIzzou was in max protect a lot. They would send two men deep and keep the rest to block. Vandy had a hard time getting to Lock. DB's need to play a good game this week.

Not sure I buy your take. Drew Locke is a couple of levels below Will Grier. And WVUs WRs are night and day better than Missouri’s. No way Kentucky could hold WVU to 13 points. Locke is an inconsistent QB. The key to this game is stifling Missouri’s running attack. If we can get them in predictable passing situations, I like our chances. Our secondary has developed to become a formidable unit. And this week with Flowers coming back, this will be the 1st time in awhile that they are at full strength.

On offense we need to attack their secondary with the deep ball and then implement a running attack. This is a winnable game at home.

Fair enough. I'll be honest, Will Grier doesn't impress me a whole lot against defenses ranked inside the Top 60. I don't think he'll be successful in the NFL, but may have a long career as a backup. Not to mention, Drew Lock has never been caught cheating with Ligandrol that can stay within the body for multiple years.

VN Store

Back