Miss St hires Mike Leach

Would be fine if media days this year is just Coach O , Kiffin, and Leach just sharing a stage talking about stuff.

Sam Pittman, Jimbo, & Wee Little Nicky Saban can share the stage on Day # 2.

Auburn missed their chance to put Gus on a Bus. Suddenly, they are stuck with Mr Boring of the SEC West.

Earlier this season, Leach, as part of college football's 150th anniversary celebration, was asked what was the worst visitors locker room that he's ever been in. Without hesitation, he answered: "Mississippi State."

He described a locker room in which the walls, floor and ceiling were all concrete, and "there was no furniture, there was no benches, there was no lockers." In addition to 37 nails in the wall, Leach said there were two toilets, side by side and without seats, in the middle of the locker room. Between them: one roll of toilet paper.

"My heart swelled with pride," Leach said. "... The ultimate touch of brilliance."

I love the hire. It'll be like watching Butterbean fight a real boxer every Saturday. Every punch a haymaker and some will land and knock people out.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
My prediction. Miss St will be historically good, fans will be engaged but they won't win the SEC in 5 years and Leach haters will say "see!" forgetting that almost no coach could win the SEC at Miss St.

Good for Miss State. Tough luck for WSU

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Hell yeah! I hope he proves all his detractors wrong! The 'Air Raid Offense' will work in the SEC. Especially with an SEC defense to compliment it.

Hell yeah! I hope he proves all his detractors wrong! The 'Air Raid Offense' will work in the SEC. Especially with an SEC defense to compliment it.

Yep - elements are already being used in the SEC and OU has shown it can score against the top D's in the SEC

Reactions: camp_steveo
Have you seen Vandy?

Yep Vandy clearly the bottom. Kentucky used to be but they've gotten more serious over the years. MSU should be a mid tier team but I'm not sure how much they've been keeping up with the CFB arms race

Great hire for Miss St. Should be extremely entertaining football in the State of Mississippi.
Shoot man this is fixin to be like two midgets, a goat, and a turtle... you know its gonna be weird but you just can't not watch it. Can you imagine the post game media quotes between the Pirate and Lane, nevermind Saban or Jimbo.

Career suicide, but I suppose this is the type of school he coaches. I actually thought Kentucky should have made a push for him, but I don't see his recruiting getting it done, especially against the coaches he is competing against.

He’s only been HC in Lubbock, Tx and Pullman, Wa. Not the easiest places to recruit to.....and done well at both schools. He’ll do just fine.

Kiffin, Leach, Saban, Orgeron, Malzahn, Mullen, Jimbo, ....

The SEC is going to be a nightmare

VN Store

Back