Minneapolis wants to disband police

Who reports crime in LA? I would think the police would be the ones helping keep track of crimes, at least in part. If there’s no police then wouldn’t the numbers go down simply due to not being tracked? Maybe that’s not how it works but I don’t see how crime could be tracked properly without police involvement. Does anyone know how this works and how LA’s reporting would be potentially impacted due to defunding?
I dont think they base it on calls. Otherwise swatting is even more problematic than it already seems.

Cant imagine the 911 operators record their calls as crimes. Otherwise the local McDonald's would get shut down because the ketchup was empty.

This certainly is Ricky’s argument. When, for example, rape is down 25% from last year, I don’t buy that explanation; presumably rape victims are still calling the cops. The shutdown has probably driven the numbers down generally though
He would know better than I do but what if people aren’t calling the cops in areas with no police? Or is this just a city vs county thing? The city shut down so the county now responds? If that’s the case then I’d say the down numbers would be more caused by less people out and about than a lack of police. Who knows though. It’ll take time and context to have any true understanding of the impact.

I dont think they base it on calls. Otherwise swatting is even more problematic than it already seems.

Cant imagine the 911 operators record their calls as crimes. Otherwise the local McDonald's would get shut down because the ketchup was empty.
How are crime numbers recorded? Maybe Ricky can help.

Crime numbers are reported by incident reports that police do...if the police do not complete a report, it doesnt get counted.

Also different areas have different stats that get intermixed and sometimes not counted at all or counted "too" much.

I.E. i answered a domestic call, but i arrested the husband for drugs AND assault while i was there, and a neighbor had a warrant for theft. That could be 4 types of stats counted OR in some places JUST one

Reactions: hUTch2002
Gee I wonder why crime went down in 2020 versus 2019? Half the year spent in lockdown? That can't be right. Probably the ten weeks there's been 15 less cops than the last 2 years. Yeah, that's probably it.

Lol you changed arguments quick from “where did you see crime is down??” to “well of course it’s down, duh, here’s why.”

And yes, I mentioned in my first few posts that the lockdown likely has a lot to do with it.

Lol you changed arguments quick from “where did you see crime is down??” to “well of course it’s down, duh, here’s why.”

And yes, I mentioned in my first few posts that the lockdown likely has a lot to do with it.
So why pretend "defunding the police" had anything to do with it? Homicides are up, shootings are up, domestics are up. I'll take more petty crime over the much worse things that are happening right now.

Crime numbers are reported by incident reports that police do...if the police do not complete a report, it doesnt get counted.

Also different areas have different stats that get intermixed and sometimes not counted at all or counted "too" much.

I.E. i answered a domestic call, but i arrested the husband for drugs AND assault while i was there, and a neighbor had a warrant for theft. That could be 4 types of stats counted OR in some places JUST one

Every charged criminal offense has an FBI UCR code associated with it. If the offenses are listed in the report, they should be reported in the monthly UCR report. Most of that occurs electronically.

Almost all police incident report software automatically generates the monthly UCR report, based on what I posted above.

.. and that doesn’t include the money they’re going to spend to replace the police precinct that blm burned down, all the property damage, and lawsuits they’re facing.

The federal government came up with NIBRS( National Incident Based Reporting System) to make it more uniform across cities and states

For example, in Tennessee, if you break into a house and assault someone, you can be charged for Agg. Burglary under Tennessee law

When you report that crime to NIBRS, its reported only as a simple assault[ or aggravated depending on weapon used or extent of injury]

Screw them, this is wanted they wanted so they need to suffer the consequences
m

Agreed. I want all these leftist city council politicians voted in by their idiot leftist voters to see their cities crumble into a such state of anarchy, desperation and complete squalor/blight/despair to show the rest of the world what the brain dead, leftist mentality gets you.

iu

VN Store

Back