MiMi transferring

That sucks if she does leave. I thought she could have been really good here and would have gotten lots of playing time.

Wish her the best if she chooses to leave but hope she stays. We have seen people enter the transfer portal and change their mind but either way wishing her the best.

Buh buh bye.........this is an issue I have had, are you playing for the school or the coach? either you are a Vol or a Hol...............sorry, couldn't resist.

I have no issue with that at all. You sign with the coach AND the school. Somebody who signs with Dean Smith's North Carolina doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) play for Bill Guthridge's North Carolina.

I have no issue with that at all. You sign with the coach AND the school. Somebody who signs with Dean Smith's North Carolina doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) play for Bill Guthridge's North Carolina.
That is a much different example though. This is a player who signed to play for a tradition rich school for a coach who had clearly failed. It is much harder to understand why someone would value playing for Holly Warlick so much that they would leave Tennessee over it.... now, if she just doesn't like Kellie Jolly Harper? Then fine...

That is a much different example though. This is a player who signed to play for a tradition rich school for a coach who had clearly failed. It is much harder to understand why someone would value playing for Holly Warlick so much that they would leave Tennessee over it.... now, if she just doesn't like Kellie Jolly Harper? Then fine...
Time dilutes the richness of the tradition unless it is maintained with subsequent success. Delta State (Louisiana Tech) comes to mind. "Tradition Rich" has a shelf life.

Maria Cornelius Twitter:
Mimi Collins to transfer from @LadyVol_Hoops. The freshman from Maryland played in all 32 games last season. She will enter transfer portal within 48 hours after notifying #LadyVols on Thursday of her intent to transfer.

Whoa now. I get ya. But you're 1 coach to short in the scenario.

If this is true, Mimi is transferring for the same reason that Evina transferred. They came to UT to play for Holly because she promised them a free hand as to how to play their position. Unfortunately for Holly and Evina and possibly for Mimi, this free or hands off style of coaching is the main reason why Holly failed as a head coach.

I sure hate to see Collins leave.

I have been told repeatedly over the years by people who know what they are talking about, that athletes commit to a school primarily because of the coaching staff. They play in the games for their coaches and their families.
I guess so... I was hoping that all things considered, Holly could be an exception to this, and we wouldn't lose anyone besides Westbrook. This is a blow. I hope it's the last one but I have a feeling it won't be.

VN Store

Back