Milton & the last play

I don't know what the play call was so it is hard to be critical.
Rolled left when he should have rolled left.
Came in the game cold
I do believe the game is much faster than his processing speed or his field awareness.

Milton went from Hero to zero in vol fans eyes after the pass that could of won it wasn’t caught, but was catchable.
Then runs out bounds instead of throwing it in the end zone, with a terrible decision.
Sad

Reactions: Volintheswamp

But the issue wouldn’t be an intentional infraction to stop the clock. Decline the penalty and it’s a touchdown. Accept the penalty to take a TD off of the scoreboard and it seems like there should be an untimed down after stepping off the penalty yardage.

Ole Miss missed one too so the FG is kind of moot.

My point is Vol Special Teams can be a huge impact. Could have been the Vol difference maker tonight... the muffed punt catch and the missed field goal hurt. Having to get six at the end vs three with three seconds left... well, we'll never know

Reactions: stewart6600
Dude he's a kid and he tried to get a touch down. Time is messed up with adrenaline like that, he just ****ed up. Now as fans get behind him or you can shell shock him like JG. Better not Boo Milton he might help one day.

I mean…we don’t have to boo him. But running out of bounds to avoid contact isnt “trying to get a touchdown” either. People were comparing this dude to Cam Newton 2 months ago….surely you remember Cam running folks flat over?

Kid came in cold. Made a bad choice not to toss it up, but also the coaches should have told him to throw it into a group of receivers no matter what and let the chips fall.

Got screwed on scoop and score, missed FG should have never been in that situation. All in all it was a down to the wire game with a ranked team. Im not happy but I'm optimistic for sure about this coaching staff.

Reactions: davethevol
One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.

He basically isn't smart enough to play QB in the SEC. He's wildly inaccurate. When you run out of bounds on the last play of the game, don't even try to stay in and make an effort for the end zone, it's time to move on to the next guy. He could have lateraled the ball back, thrown it into the swarm in the end zone. You do anything except what he did and he's obviously not smart enough to know the difference. If Hooker isn't available it's time to move on to Bailey. Milton is never going to give us a chance to beat anyone other than S Alabama and Vandy.

One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.
I saw that too and was surprised. With his size I expected just trying to run over someone and dragging them to try to score. Running out of bounds doesn’t work there.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol

VN Store

Back