Milton Package

Just hear me out, maybe you like it maybe you don’t. Any chance we have a Wildcat, option, or some sort of package to get the ball in his hands sometimes. I know he had the debacle at ole miss and his deep accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. but I feel like he’s too athletic to not touch the ball. I also truly believe he will have developed with another year learning from heup. Just a thought. Shout at me if ya want.

Hooker is a better improviser with his legs and more shifty/faster imo. Milton's greatest asset is his laser Jemarcus Russel style arm. Not sure why would want to see him in the wildcat.

I haven't given up on Milton. Still thinking he could develop into a solid QB, but I see no reason to have a package like this. He's slower than Hooker and arguably runs with less power than Hooker. The only thing Milton has going for him is that he's big. If we're going to give the ball to a big guy in short yardage I'd prefer it being someone who we'd expect to run over people, like Jeremy Banks.

I really hope Milton has a great bounce back year, but at this point, with either QB, all we have to go on is last year, and that makes me trust Hooker, and still not trust Milton. But I know all of us would love to see Hooker pitch it back to Milton and have Milton throw it deep for a big orange TD. But based on last year, not a lot of confidence in that being a successful play.

Why? What does he do that Hooker doesn’t? Or that a RB wouldn’t be better at? He can’t throw deep, he’s average at best short and mid, he isn’t fast, and he isn’t a punishing runner. There is no point in this package.

That sounded like I was being a jerk not intended to sound like that.
He’s got a cannon. Unfortunately it’s not under control. Hail Mary package it is.

So we take out the better runner so the guy who is a worse passer can fake the run and then throw? This keeps getting worse

Well, sometimes doing the unexpected when it is least expected, obtains surprisingly results. I mean, the Greeks did it at Troy. :cool:

Just hear me out, maybe you like it maybe you don’t. Any chance we have a Wildcat, option, or some sort of package to get the ball in his hands sometimes. I know he had the debacle at ole miss and his deep accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. but I feel like he’s too athletic to not touch the ball. I also truly believe he will have developed with another year learning from heup. Just a thought. Shout at me if ya want.
Why would you run a wild cat package for a qb that's less athletic and less of a running threat than your starter?

Heupel sees something in him and he is a fantastic judge of quarterbacks. So I am still in a wait and see mode
Coach Heupel may very well have "seen something in him" when Milton was still an unknown and perhaps the best choice available at that time. After last season's experience with Milton, and given the potentially better options coming on...I can't imagine why a whole new package needs to be built around Milton, UNLESS he comes back this year with better control of that arm, and a willingness to HIT people when he runs.

VN Store

Back