Milton Package

People can grow. They can change.

That includes athletes. They can grow and change in their game.

But will Joe develop in the directions we all hope he will? Will he learn to use physical contact to his advantage, rather than shying from it as he did repeatedly last season? Will he develop better control of apparent game-day nerves and bring "practice accuracy" to Saturdays, in the future?

We won't know until we know. We can hope, but shouldn't count on anything until we see it. Until then, a quarterback--any quarterback--who suffers inaccuracy passing and hesitance running, he will never be worthy of any type of packaging.

People can also move on. He needs too.

How about a new wrinkle that the defense wouldn’t expect? I remember hearing something about an option package being worked on. While Milton is not the best passer, he could be utilized. Say we somehow were in a close game with one of the big dogs, down at the 5-10 yard line going for the go ahead score. What’s wrong with putting Milton in for a special package play?

He runs out of bounds.

90 percent of playing QB is mental. Unless he has mike vick or even johnny manzeil scrambling type skills....which he clearly doesn't. A big strong arm means very little if you can't read a defense, can't see the field and have poor pocket presence.

...and can't be accurate. He overthrew everyone by like 20 yards.

No offense to Joe or any of his family, I just don't see his PT being for any other reason than blowout/emergency/Jackson's not ready yet.

Who said Milton has to run it? He can make throws. Maybe it’s a fake wildcat, he fools the defense and hits a nice pass?
Sorry, but no defense is going to fear Milton as a runner; they know he needs to throw it or hand off, thereby making a wildcat package moot.

Reactions: Butch s
Heupel sees something in him and he is a fantastic judge of quarterbacks. So I am still in a wait and see mode

The physical talent is off the charts. EVery coach with decent eyesight sees it. Its the execution part of the game that limits him.

I think Milton is going to try and prove some people wrong this year.
I also think we'll be seeing him because Hooker is more than likely take a hit that he should've just gone down on
My point. If the coaches want a package for Milton, what’s the problem?
He can't play the position, other than that I guess no problem

Hard "no" for me. Hooker, then Jackson. Milton is and will continue to be a disaster.
Milton had his opportunity to own this offense. Hooker beat him when his chance came up. I hope Jackson gets more mop up time and wins the backup spot so he can contribute in 2023 and make Nico compete for the job.

Reactions: JRich
You are making assumptions off of last year. You don’t know what he will look like this year. Towards the end of last year Milton’s passing looked better. Also, you don’t think Heupel can scheme up a play that could utilize Milton’s abilities?
Like holding the clip board ?

He had a golden opportunity last year.

He whiffed.

Not fair IMO, Milton did not have a spring practice last year to learn offense, he literally had 20 days of practice to learn Offense. If Hooker hadn’t been hurt week 1 and 2 Milton probably wouldn’t have started. Now he has had a spring practice, give him a chance

Reactions: jarnol32
Joe is one snap away from being the starting quarterback again. Here is to hoping that Heupel fixed his deep ball issues.

Reactions: VolsSince78
He's not THAT athletic to where he should have his own package imo. He has average speed, and does not run with any power whatsoever.
Yeah just because he’s got the measurables of cam newton doesn’t mean he has his skill sets. Who knows maybe he comes along and developed some touch on his passes....but seems like same thing we said for 4 years w JG.

Not fair IMO, Milton did not have a spring practice last year to learn offense, he literally had 20 days of practice to learn Offense. If Hooker hadn’t been hurt week 1 and 2 Milton probably wouldn’t have started. Now he has had a spring practice, give him a chance

He had plenty of time, including at Michigan. Some of you are seeing something that isn't there.

VN Store

Back