'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

What leads you to believe this? Nothing pointing towards it.

And Helton wasn't merely a position coach. He had multiple years as an OC and by some reports from USC he was their PGC.

And so far no one has mentioned any position coaches being interviewed. That is a far stretch of a prediction, but by all means.
Because that’s what he did last time.

I’m sure Pruitt would rather hire a top tier OC with loads of experience and success under their belt, but those guys aren’t lining up for this job.

FWIW: Helton had two years of OC experience at WKU before he got to Tennessee. That’s … not all that impressive.

OSU has averaged 40 points & 510 yards per game over the past 4 seasons, not sure how one's not a fan of production like that...
It’s big 12 football man look around the conference happens everywhere. I honestly feel you just repeated the same stat every person has said. The big 12 has inflated offense stats that can’t compare to the Sec. Its a different tempo

I'm going to do you a favor and assume you were lost in the drink when you wrote this. It happens. Just don't kick your dog or something.

Also, proofreading is your friend.

Reread and it still looks right. But don't let facts get in your way. Just shrug and walk away when you're wrong.

It’s big 12 football man look around the conference happens everywhere. I honestly feel you just repeated the same stat every person has said. The big 12 has inflated offense stats that can’t compare to the Sec. Its a different tempo

Oh yeah? Yards and point averages are nearly the same this year. If you want to have your bias, bring your stats to the table. You might be surprised.

If it's tempo you're concerned with, then use tempo adjusted (per play) stats.

Oh yeah? Yards and point averages are nearly the same this year. If you want to have your bias, bring your stats to the table. You might be surprised.

If it's tempo you're concerned with, then use tempo adjusted (per play) stats.
If you can’t see this difference between the big 12 and sec regardless of averages then I’m good with this lolz.. How’s this.. if we played ok state we’d get gashed and not because of Yurich. (See Texas tech qb’s )

If you can’t see this difference between the big 12 and sec regardless of averages then I’m good with this lolz.. How’s this.. if we played ok state we’d get gashed and not because of Yurich. (See Texas tech qb’s )

Well you laugh at OSU because apparently everyone in the b12 scores 40 a game and has 500 yards. Hardly the case. 1 of 3 teams this year.

But if you don't want an absolutist argument, then look at it in a relative sense, they're still top 3 in their conference, where offendes and talent are relative to one another. 2nd last season. I'd take being in the same spot in our own conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockyTopTexas
They are a good team and most years win 8 games but Ok state was terrible this year.. tyland Wallace was there only shining light. Trust me man I was praying for Kliff. I wish we could score 50 a game. **** I wanted mike leach at Tennessee could you imagine the offense. We need an air raid OC to shake up the Sec ( at least imo) .. you got mizzou really the only team doing it

Out of the all the current OC in the SEC , who would Pruitt realistically go after?? This is in regards to the “Unnamed SEC OC”

Alabama - No current OC
Auburn - No current OC
Arkansas - Joe Craddock
Florida - Billy Gonzalez/John Hevesy
Georgia - Jim Chaney
Kentucky - Eddie Gran/Darin Hinshaw
LSU - Steve Ensminger
Mississippi State - Luke Getsy
Missouri - Derek Dooley
Ole Miss - Phil Longo
South Carolina - Bryan McClendon
Texas A&M - Darrell Dickey
Vanderbilt - Andy Ludwig

I only see 3 that I would consider....Jim Chaney , Bryan McClendon, and Eddie Gran
Longbo would be my pick from this list

Why would Pruitt want to hire an OC that runs this type of offense? I thought Pruitt wanted to run the ball

I continue to think that CJP is just talking to everyone he can to learn a few offensive tricks.

At the end, he hires a good ole pro style guy like Dan Enos.

Im not gonna argue that he is or isn’t but as a coach I’m looking for the ability to score more points than my opponent. Pruitt may feel that Yurcich never had a defense with a pulse and had to score early and often. I dunno, I personally think almost everyone rumored to be interviewed run a similar offense

I continue to think that CJP is just talking to everyone he can to learn a few offensive tricks.

At the end, he hires a good ole pro style guy like Enos.

It’s not like other successful OC’s are going to sit there and tell an opposing coach their secrets if they aren’t legitimately interested in hiring them.

How about we hire a guy that has been an OC and put up points on a team with an actual defense. Those stats at Okie state are skewed since no one in that conference knows what a defense is

Im not gonna argue that he is or isn’t but as a coach I’m looking for the ability to score more points than my opponent. Pruitt may feel that Yurcich never had a defense with a pulse and had to score early and often. I dunno, I personally think almost everyone rumored to be interviewed run a similar offense

No.

One was a 5 wideout throw it everywhere type.
One was up tempo with a RB and a H-back mix.
Another was a zone read....(we do not want that!)

He has interviewed a bunch of pass happy guys. But, there is scheme differences in all of them.

Helton was a modern pro style. I do not see CJP veering away from some similar type system.

I think he is just using the time to talk shop with some guys.

It’s not like other successful OC’s are going to sit there and tell an opposing coach their secrets if they aren’t legitimately interested in hiring them.

Yeah, it is just something that Saban does every off-season. He goes around talking to people.

Why that works is indeed puzzling...?

VN Store

Back