Mike McCoy has been fired by Denver

You have to kidding. Have you watched the Broncos this year? Perhaps the worst coached team in the league. Awful penalties, poor game planning, and a ton of underutilized talent.

Didn’t we just go through this?

Decimated oline...sound familiar?

We lost just about every lineman. When healthy, the offense was very efficient. McCoy is the scapegoat right now.

Neither Dooley or Butch were fired coaches when we hired them. How did that work out?

You know, you're absolutely right! Neither of those guys had been fired. We should only consider someone recently fired, everyone.

How about McIlwain or Mora? They're available. Superior logic.

I still believe Curry actually had a person in mind to hire before firing Butch....maybe a coach or coordinator had their agent let Curry know were unhappy where they were at and if it came down to actually firing Butch then they would be interested.....I think Curry very well had been contacted previously....Curry just seemed certain in what he was doing

Last edited:
So let me understand this...no one wants a fired coach. ...Does Belichick ring a bell....he was fired....

I can imagine John Elway could be hard to work for...I think he was edgy even when Peyton was there......
Look out across the NFL landscape and you can see the difference a good QB makes on a team...Look at Drew Brees....Brady...Peyton....
John Elway may have applied pressure or made the QB decisions for Denver
Place Mike McCoy in the right spot with the right support and he could make a great college head coach..........

Sorry to sound like an as@, but where have you been? Under a rock?

No, but that still doesn’t answer the question. How was Peyton instrumental in getting Butch? I do remember it said that he called Butch to try and recruit him to Colorado State but never any talk for UT.

We can't hire him because he's already very busy.

He's putting his family TV show together called "The real McCoys".

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back