Mike Leach: PAC 12 mascot battle equals Dooley?

What a bizarre qualifier for your statement. But Phil Fulmer had never won a divisional title before arriving here. Tommy Tuberville never won a divisional title at Ole Miss but went 13-0 and won an SEC title at Auburn. Nick Saban won 0 Big 10 titles or shares and won the SECCG within 3 years. Mark Richt, 0, won the SECCG. Les Miles 0 titles at Oklahoma State, won SEC at LSU. Gene Chizik never sniffed a title at Iowa State before winning the SEC title at Auburn. I'm trying to think of coaches that have made the SECCG in the last 27 years who did win a divisional title before they did. Gary Pinkel, Saban at Bama and Spurrier at SC are the only ones I can think of.

None of those were HCs that didn't come in 1st place in their P5 conference, besides Saban. Saban won the MAC. He also got Mich St out of the cellar and put them at 2nd place. So, Saban would be the only one.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
None of those were HCs that didn't come in 1st place in their P5 conference, besides Saban. Saban won the MAC. He also got Mich St out of the cellar and put them at 2nd place. So, Saban would be the only one.
Les Miles. Best he did at Ok St was a tie for third place in the B12 south. Gene Chizik sucked at Iowa St yet won a National title at auburn.

The man wouldn't have got it done here. He has no SEC experience or a ton of ties to proven coaches in the SEC. Pruitt will get it done here. You shall see!

He was an OC at Kentucky, so he has SEC experience.

Please give us any evidence that points to Pruitt getting it done here?

Sure he would. Thats why he is in the SEC tearing it up. Oh wait...
He is not here because Fulmer was too closed minded to give him a chance. Why are you discounting Leach so much? He literally changed how football is played today, including in the SEC and even the NFL.

Don't get me wrong. I am on the CJP train, all the way. At the same time, CML would have been a major success and it's totally obvious to anyone willing to admit it.

Ummm Tuberville never finished 1st at Ole Miss. Miles never finished 1st at Oklahoma State. Chizk never had a winning season at Iowa State. Urban never finished 1st in a P5 conference. Your criteria regarding Leach is extremely infrequent as I pointed out.

Some are and some aren't. Nobody said they all were. Not many big-times have hired in the last 5-7. Most have hired people with direct connections though. OSU, Michigan, Miami, Texas, A&M, UGA, all hired people that already coached or played there. It seems like, if possible, it is more about who you know and have been with than anything else.

The excuses some will go to for Leach is astounding.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
It's a fantasy but him and Pruitt as co-head coaches would be a cheat code. They'd probably win a conference title and possibly more within 4 years

Supposedly we are being held back by our QB. Could CML have worked magic witb our QBs? Seems like a stretch.

I really wish Mike Leach would visit this site and respond ONCE to you filly suckers use of initials.

He would probably point out that some president have been referred to by their initials. The two that come to mind right off are JFK and LBJ. They aren't referred to as PJK or PLJ. Just so you all know, there is no known coach in history that has a birth certificate with the word "Coach listed as a first name. A pity the only thing you boys work magic witb is this.

I really wish Mike Leach would visit this site and respond ONCE to you filly suckers use of initials.

He would probably point out that some president have been referred to by their initials. The two that come to mind right off are JFK and LBJ. They aren't referred to as PJK or PLJ. Just so you all know, there is no known coach in history that has a birth certificate with the word "Coach listed as a first name. A pity the only thing you boys work magic witb is this.

I understand your displeasure. I hate that habit too but I myself have become a lazy filly sucker. I am usually typing on my phone or my tablet which is a lot tougher for me than typing on my desktop and since CML was used in the preceding post I assumed everyone could figure it out. I will try to do better.
P.S. At least I haven't started using those stupid emojis yet.

Learn to understand a stance and plain English before commenting!
This is what you wrote: “Name one coach that couldn't even win his own division in a P5 conference that has came to the SEC and put his team in the SEC Championship game in the last 27 years.” Uh well, Miles and Chizik both fit that bill. Sorry that you are confused.

VN Store

Back