Mike leach called Pruitt's hiring a coup d'é·tat

Mike Leach is good for football and

his sense of humor (brilliance/insanity) keeps most folks entertained

he would've been another interesting hire at UTK but probably wouldn't stick

we're wound too tight up in here with BVS, morans and such

PS: i'm not spending anymore time explaining "moran" to the unwashed

The guy took Texas Tech and made them into a top 5 program beating Texas along the way only to get shafted by the BCS.

I say this again.. Texas Tech!

He'll be fired after this year and no one will ever hear of him again...so who cares what he says, he may be right, but thank goodness we didn't end up with him!

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
coup d'é·tat?

Is that the thing where you have one guy and two women? I want a coupe de tarts please.

Reactions: tbh
Chad Morris (Arkansas) made our former coach look like Nick Saban.
Actually Pruitt was just a good enough coach from an X and O standpoint that he could have consistently delivered 7 to 8 win seasons with the right personnel on the field. We would have never been great but might have been “good enough” to settle for Pruitt for several years and say he was just one season away from “big results”. We should actually be grateful that we had a quarterback as historically terrible as Guarantano to expose Pruitt’s greatest weakness, his absolute arrogance and inability to take outside advice or listen to anyone in his staff. That flaw could have remained hidden to the public at large for several more seasons as we dwelled in permanent football purgatory…alllllmost there but not quite over the hump.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Leach's entertainment value would have been high. Certainly higher than Pruitt's, not that that is a high bar. I don't know how many more games we might have won, but they would have included one over Georgia State. And we would have seen a lot less of Jarrett Guarantano.

Having said that, Leach would not have led us to the Promised Land either, and I'm not disappointed that we didn't hire him. He's a lot more entertaining when you're not invested in his success.

This is not the first time he said it. Leach is just spitting truth here. Having witnessed the last 20 years, I have no trouble believing our administration-booster scene is precisely that f-ed up.

Mike Leach talks 2017 Tennessee coaching search: ‘It was like something out of Shakespeare’

I said (not on here) when all this went down that, although I've never seen an episode of Game of Thrones, I couldn't imagine it holding a candle to the UT athletic department.

The guy took Texas Tech and made them into a top 5 program beating Texas along the way only to get shafted by the BCS.

I say this again.. Texas Tech!

Very similar to what Mullen did at Miss State but it wasnt sustainable.....at either place.

No doubt in my mind with Leach at HC we don't lose to Ga State or BYU, would have been closer to a 9 or 10 wins that season

Yeah, we could have been pretty unwatchable with the exception of one lucky streak. We could have lost to Georgia State ! To male matters worse, we could have NCAA issue.

We could be in a much worse position than we are now

End sarcasm font

If nothing else, with Leach we would have scored some points.

I mean is CJH not basically Leach v 2.0 with a tomes down personality?

Yeah MSU scored a ton of points last year 🙄

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Actually Pruitt was just a good enough coach from an X and O standpoint that he could have consistently delivered 7 to 8 win seasons with the right personnel on the field. We would have never been great but might have been “good enough” to settle for Pruitt for several years and say he was just one season away from “big results”.
Consistent 7 to 8 win seasons would never be "good enough" for Vol fans. If 8 double digit win seasons, 4 nine win seasons, 2 eight win seasons, but unfortunately 2 five win seasons weren't "good enough", how to 7 to 8 win seasons trump all that?

Consistent 7 to 8 win seasons would never be "good enough" for Vol fans. If 8 double digit win seasons, 4 nine win seasons, 2 eight win seasons, but unfortunately 2 five win seasons weren't "good enough", how to 7 to 8 win seasons trump all that?
7 or 8 wins would not be good enough for fans. But history has shown it is plenty enough to get a coach an extension and to prolong the agony just a few more seasons as all said coach needs is “just a couple of more recruiting classes” because we are always “a young team”

VN Store

Back