Mike Hamilton Said....

BeltwayVol

Tonight I had a chance to hear some answers straight from Mike Hamilton on some issues close to us all.

On Bristol he thinks that its a good idea, that if they could show him the money and an actual offer, he would consider it, however he does NOT think that the deal will ever get done, mainly because of the television contracts. Bruton wants control, so he can shop the rights, and neither conference wants to give up rights.

On the LSU situation, he has talked with the LSU AD and they have expressed a deep interest in wanting to play football this year, and as soon as possible. He said that LSU is "planning on playing Arizona St. next week", however the federal goverenment who have set up various medical facilities on the LSU campus may tell him that he CAN NOT play football there. LSU and their AD want to play football though and want to keep games at home. He said that they are looking into "other options", but that playing the game in Neyland "probably will not happen".

Just wanted to let you guys know what he said.

Good info Beltway... I dunno why they would turn down flopping the home-home series with us, but I can understand wanting to play at home.

There has been no offer to flop the home games. That's just been internet and talk show fodder.

I just assumed since you said playing the game in Ktown wasn't likely to happen.

Yeah, that's why I clarified myself. He was just responding to the rumors that it could be moved to Knoxville this year.

I hope they do everything in their power to play ball this year... what if they DIDN'T play, and the Vols went undefeated? Would we be pushed out of the NC b/c we didn't play one of the top 3 teams on originally on our schedule?

:unsure:

Just looking ahead to the worst case scenario.

I heard on a Nashville station on the way home, they have discussed playing games in Tuscaloosa on weeks that UAT doesn't play at home.

Digging out my SEC schedule though, the Tide play AT HOME against Arkansas on the 24th.

I heard on FOX News some mention of B'ham for Tulane, but Legion Field couldn't hold the crowd of a UT-LSU game... they condemned the upper deck last year.

We should play it at a neutral field somewhere near LSU, then play in Nashville when they come up here to make it fair.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Sep 2, 2005 12:08 AM
We should play it at a neutral field somewhere near LSU, then play in Nashville when they come up here to make it fair.
[snapback]134213[/snapback]​

NO, If they want to play at a neutral field Fine. But they will play at Neyland next fall period.

Nashville bah, UT is NOT in Nashville. All they have there is a 4th rate college football team and a 2nd rate pro team.

Seems like I read from Bayou, I believe, that the hurricane has created gridlock in Baton Rouge cause of staging relief efforts, etc. I don't see how the game can happen there with all that is going on. Should be interesting to see what transpires....

Originally posted by Vol67@Sep 1, 2005 11:14 PM
NO, If they want to play at a neutral field Fine. But they will play at Neyland next fall period.

Nashville bah, UT is NOT in Nashville. All they have there is a 4th rate college football team and a 2nd rate pro team.
[snapback]134217[/snapback]​

Wow...Knoxville isn't half the town that Nashville is! :nono:

Lets not go dissing on knoxville now, Its the only town that really brings the state joy in sports.

Originally posted by vols2345@Sep 2, 2005 12:35 PM
Lets not go dissing on knoxville now,  Its the only town that really brings the state joy in sports.
[snapback]134368[/snapback]​

You mean in Football and GIRLS Basketball!! :biggrin2:

lsu doesnt want to turn because they thiink this is there year. they want there home games.

lsu has a legitamate shot at the title, of course they want their home games. cant say i blame them. plus all the money they make from home games. this board would be on fire with all the complaining about losing our home games.

Do we really have to listen to this trollip that has golf balls? :moon2:

Originally posted by WesCharge@Sep 2, 2005 12:51 PM
You mean in Football and GIRLS Basketball!! :biggrin2:
[snapback]134371[/snapback]​

Here's the first part of what I mean. More to come

Originally posted by WesCharge@Sep 2, 2005 12:29 PM
Wow...Knoxville isn't half the town that Nashville is! :nono:
[snapback]134366[/snapback]​

Here's version # 2. Am not so familiar with navigating this site but to see what I am refeerring to see posts #13 & 15 on previous page. Maybe you will see the golf ball reference....

well we are all still up??

Man I cant wait for tommorrow

Thank you, that's what I meant by trollip. Just made up that word for some moron intent on trolling the site..

VN Store

Back