Mike Hamilton email

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I thought this was pretty good.......

Dear Friends:

Once again, you have responded in grand fashion. As of lunch today, over 20,000 tickets to the 2004 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl have been ordered by Tennessee fans. On behalf of our team, our staff, our players, and our university, I can't thank you enough.

A number of you have expressed concern with the bowl selection process over the past week. I, along with our staff and the staff of the Southeastern Conference, share some of those same concerns. I will tell you that the events of the past two weeks will be addressed by our league as we look at bowl relationships over the next several months.

With that being said, it is now time to move on. Gary Stokan,
President of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, and his staff and volunteers have been phenomenal to work with. They have treated our staff and players in a first-class manner in every way. Our conference is fortunate to have them involved in our bowl rotation and we are excited to be in Atlanta on January 2nd.

This has been an eventful season. We hope you took notice of some of our changes in Neyland Stadium. We will continue to build an environment where your presence is respected and appreciated while still providing an intimidating atmosphere for our opponents. We feel fortunate to have honored our 25 millionth fan to enter the gates of Neyland Stadium since such statistics have been recorded. We are also fortunate to have had key leadership on the team who led the Vols to a 10-2 record and #6 national ranking. As impressed as you may have been by their performance on the field, you would be even more so by their character off the field. Finally, I want to give credit to Phillip Fulmer for his leadership in directing this year's team back to the top 10 and also to Dr. Joe Johnson for his willingness to return and lead our institution this year.

While we certainly hope to see you in Atlanta, I also want to
encourage you to follow Buzz Peterson's basketball Vols this winter. They are playing an exciting brand of basketball that is definitely fun to watch. All of our staff join me in wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season. You remind us everyday why we are the envy of so many other programs in America. Now let's go fill the Georgia Dome with the right color of orange. Go Vols!
Expect to win!

Mike Hamilton
Director of Athletics

Dear Friends:

Once again, you have responded in grand fashion. As of lunch today, over 20,000 tickets to the 2004 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl have been ordered by Tennessee fans. On behalf of our team, our staff, our players, and our university, I can't thank you enough.

(WHEW!)

A number of you have expressed concern with the bowl selection process over the past week. I, along with our staff and the staff of the Southeastern Conference, share some of those same concerns. I will tell you that the events of the past two weeks will be addressed by our league as we look at bowl relationships over the next several months.

(That dadgum Outback Bowl committee wil wish they had never HEARD of me when I'm through with them!)

With that being said, it is now time to move on. Gary Stokan,
President of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, and his staff and volunteers have been phenomenal to work with. They have treated our staff and players in a first-class manner in every way. Our conference is fortunate to have them involved in our bowl rotation and we are excited to be in Atlanta on January 2nd.

(Yeah, we're all mad as heck, but there's nothing we can do THIS time. Let's just go have a good time, beat Clemson and end the season on a positive note.)

This has been an eventful season. We hope you took notice of some of our changes in Neyland Stadium. We will continue to build an environment where your presence is respected and appreciated while still providing an intimidating atmosphere for our opponents. We feel fortunate to have honored our 25 millionth fan to enter the gates of Neyland Stadium since such statistics have been recorded. We are also fortunate to have had key leadership on the team who led the Vols to a 10-2 record and #6 national ranking. As impressed as you may have been by their performance on the field, you would be even more so by their character off the field. Finally, I want to give credit to Phillip Fulmer for his leadership in directing this year's team back to the top 10 and also to Dr. Joe Johnson for his willingness to return and lead our institution this year.

(We also hope you will forget about an unfortunate spending spree by an unnamed former president, whose initials are John W. Shumaker.)

While we certainly hope to see you in Atlanta, I also want to
encourage you to follow Buzz Peterson's basketball Vols this winter. They are playing an exciting brand of basketball that is definitely fun to watch. All of our staff join me in wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season. You remind us everyday why we are the envy of so many other programs in America. Now let's go fill the Georgia Dome with the right color of orange. Go Vols!
Expect to win!

(Oh, yeah, the LADY Vols play a little basketball too.)

Mike Hamilton
Director of Athletics

(We also hope you will forget about an unfortunate spending spree by an unnamed former president, whose initials are John W. Shumaker.)

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

I am sure Hamilton would appreciate you bringing that up!

You must be important to merit an e-mail from Hamilton himself.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yep, me and Mike go waaaay back. I could tell you some stories. Not really, I am as "unimportant" as they come. I think this email went out to season ticket holders, people who order tickets online, and/or VASF contributors. If the truth be known some media person probably wrote it and sent it. I still thought it was pretty good though.

VN Store

Back