Mike DuBose

Vols4life

Chalupa Batman
Paul Finebaum said tonight on Fox 6 sports sunday in Bham that Mike Dubose is finally going to end his silence and will slam Coach Fulmer later this week.

Is it just me or will this issue never die? :banghead:

I say let it go already!! please! man it stinks living in Alabama!

It will never end. Think about the Bama mascot. An elephant never forgets.

Bama fans hate Dubose but they will believe every word he says if its negative about Fulmer.

Rumor is that Tom Culpepper flipped in his deposition and implicated everyone. Last year, you couldn't trust a word TC said (according to Bammers). He was out to get them since they wouldn't hire him. However, if he implicates Fulmer, he is not lying!

I swear, I have never seen a group of people that believe everyone is out to get them like Bama fans. They are bitching about the coverage of their game last night.

I work with a guy that still talks about a Georgia sports writer that made some derogatory comments about the Bear in the 60's! Forty friggin' years ago.

They are fully convinced that Gallion's lawsuit will end up with UT getting the death penalty! It's a defamation suit against the NCAA for saying bad things about 2 Bama coaches but somehow, the result will be that the very NCAA that conspired with UT (according to them) will turn around and give them the death penalty!

Speaking of defamation, Gallion made plenty of public statements that Jason Swain did not take his own ACT. This is based on someone at his high school saying they didn't think there was anyway he could pass it. No proof, just someone saying they were "certain" he didn't take it (how they are certain I have no idea). Think about the Gallion lawsuit. The NCAA said Williams and Cottrell were involved in the Albert Means case and UA fired them. The defense is that there is no proof. Gallion claims that the people that implicated Williams and Cottrell lied (under oath in a federal case no less). Ironic isn't it. The guy defending people claiming no "proof" exists goes out and does the exact same thing against a UT player.
Don't get me started :banghead:

Dubose...what a credible source he is. :rolleyes:

Like anyone would believe the very man who put them on probation.

To the Whaaalabama crowd, the source is meaningless. It's all about the content. If the source says bad things about Fulmer, it might as well be coming from the Pope himself. On the otherhand, if the Pope had evidence that Bama cheated, well he's just part of the galactic conspiracy. It's clear that the man upstairs is out to get Bama, he has smote them mightly but the brave players and coaches will continue the fight.....(my Bammer impersonation) :bs:

Two important clues in your post....Finebaum and Dubose. That's like having OJ Simpson be a character witness at his own trial!

:bammer:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Nov 8, 2004 11:34 AM
Two important clues in your post....Finebaum and Dubose. That's like having OJ Simpson be a character witness at his own trial!

:D :dlol: :D

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Nov 8, 2004 11:34 AM

If Dubose had been at OJ's trial, do you think he would have sexually harassed Marcia Clark the way he did his secretary?

Originally posted by GAVol+Nov 8, 2004 1:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Nov 8, 2004 1:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BHAMVOLFAN@Nov 8, 2004 11:34 AM
Two important clues in your post....Finebaum and Dubose. That&#39;s like having OJ Simpson be a character witness at his own trial&#33;

If Dubose had been at OJ&#39;s trial, do you think he would have sexually harassed Marcia Clark the way he did his secretary? [/quote]
Yes&#33;

Originally posted by Vols4life@Nov 7, 2004 10:56 PM
Paul Finebaum said tonight on Fox 6 sports sunday in Bham that Mike Dubose is finally going to end his silence and will slam Coach Fulmer later this week.

Is it just me or will this issue never die? :banghead:

I say let it go already&#33;&#33; please&#33; man it stinks living in Alabama&#33;

Hey, please don&#39;t think that the Bama fans really want to hear anything that
Mike Dubose has to say. If he knew something that would help Bama(which I doubt) why didn&#39;t he tell it back before he left? Or did he just take the money, and his tail between his legs and leave. If you&#39;ve been quite this long, just keep your mouth shut and let us get on with our lives. We have to play the Vols every year, but we don&#39;t ever have to see Mike Dubose again, so please Mike just leave us alone.
Mike just make your life in Luverne, Alabama coaching high school, and keep encouraging any good players from there to go to other schools. I thought that showed how much you really loved your Alma Mater.

I know Im new here, but this whole incident has made me hate BAMA fans. Not the team, not the coaches, not the tradition, THE FANS&#33;&#33;&#33;

I can remember back in 1999, I pulled hard for BAMA to win (except when they played Tennessee). I was delighted in seeing them beat Doug Johnson (the &&#036;#%^ :bad: :finger: ) and the Gators not once but twice.

When I heard the story break out of Memphis, I was shocked. When I heard that bama fans were blaming UT, I was Laughing. When I got on an Alabama message board and seen that it was true, I stopped laughing. I became angry at the 100% Bull-you-know-what they were saying.

In the 4 years since, I have learned NOT to trust any of them. I&#39;ll try to hold my tongue for as long as I can when I have a run in with one of them. But if being civil, liking or trusting bama fans is a necessity for me to post here, just show me the door now and I&#39;ll leave now.

After all that has happened I think UT fans hate Bama as much as they hate us. You have to remember though that every team has it&#39;s bad apples and every team has some sensible classy fans.

I know thats the way it is supposed to be Vol Freak. But these "classy" fans are "classy" enough to NOT post what they want deep down.

To me, a "Classy" fan is a fan who wants things to go back to the way things used to be. A day when Tide fans and Vol fans could walk to the stadium together (any stadium), laugh and joke along the way, go to their seats among their respective teams, cheer like crazy, and then, hook up after the game for a beer and a pizza and let the winner crow a little. THAT&#39;S the TN/BAMA rivalry&#33;

But, because they cant seem to beat CPF on the field, he has to be out to bring the program down. What did Fulmer do? He leveled the recruiting field. He wasnt going to pay his recruits to come here. So by stopping a program that did, he made it now possible for a kid to make a decision on where he would get his education based on where he wanted to go, where he felt comfortable, where he would fit in. NOT where he can get the most money.

Because of all of that, we have to worry about walking into the opposing teams stadiums and making it out alive.

Its a crying shame such a hallowed rivalry has been brought down to this. And its bama fans who are taking it there. There is no amount of class, logic, explanation, tradition, begging or pleading going to stop them from destroying a great thing. Believe me, I have tried.

When we lost 11 games in a row to Bama, I never heard anything from any of my Tennessee friends other than "Theres always next year". We handled it with class&#33; They beat us on the field fair and square and we were able to take it. We didnt like it, but we never complained.

All of that, being p*ssed away by a bunch of sore losers. Thats what makes me angry.

Sorry about the outburst :cool:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Nov 8, 2004 9:02 PM
After all that has happened I think UT fans hate Bama as much as they hate us. You have to remember though that every team has it&#39;s bad apples and every team has some sensible classy fans.

Yea some of those classy fans are my friends yes we have our disputes every now and then but for the most part they are great people&#33; I look forward to my trip to Tuscaloosa next year and meeting some of the classy Bama fans&#33;

Well, if you&#39;ve read any of my posts you know I have an opinion on this.

There are plenty of "normal" bama fans. What I have found though is that even seemingly rational fans have bought into the "conspiracy". The result is that logic is left behind and hate is elevated. Maybe I haven&#39;t found the correct bama boards to view but you would not believe how graphic and hateful some of the posts are. It goes way beyond good natured joking.

Another professor I work with is a diehard Bama fan. The first thing he said to me today was "now you know how it feels to have injuries". I&#39;ve never said a word about Brodie except that when he says they would have been 7-0 coming into the "game" and would have beat UT, I said you can&#39;t say what the outcome would be. If you think about his comment, it shows a certain "ha ha" factor that is really uncalled for. All day long he would tell me that Bama fans are the most gracious and classy yet that&#39;s the kind of comment I get. I lived in Lexington and they dislike the Vols (football wise) but never did I see the kind of comments I see coming out of a wide range of fans here. It&#39;s a strange kind of arrogance that they are superior and the only reason they are not winning NCs is that the entire world is out to get them. Every missed call is another example of the conspiracy. To be sure, many are not this way and in fact are bothered by this recent trait.

I don&#39;t have any concerns about going to T-town. However, you would have thought going to Knoxville this year was like going to Falluja. Again, seemingly rational fans were expressing serious fears about the "violent" vol fans. What a joke&#33;

Anyway, as you can see from the posters that live here in Bamaville - the situation is annoying to say the least. It&#39;s more than just a few fans. Clearly not all, but enough to negatively affect the majority of bama fans.

To the bama posters on this board: First, welcome - I haven&#39;t seen the same type of thing from you that I see from many bama fans and Second - my intent is not to trash you or other fans; rather I&#39;m expressing my frustration at the minority of your fans that have taken this thing way too far. If I&#39;ve offended you, I apologize.

Well, if you&#39;ve read any of my posts you know I have an opinion on this.

There are plenty of "normal" bama fans. What I have found though is that even seemingly rational fans have bought into the "conspiracy". The result is that logic is left behind and hate is elevated. Maybe I haven&#39;t found the correct bama boards to view but you would not believe how graphic and hateful some of the posts are. It goes way beyond good natured joking.

Another professor I work with is a diehard Bama fan. The first thing he said to me today was "now you know how it feels to have injuries". I&#39;ve never said a word about Brodie except that when he says they would have been 7-0 coming into the "game" and would have beat UT, I said you can&#39;t say what the outcome would be. If you think about his comment, it shows a certain "ha ha" factor that is really uncalled for. All day long he would tell me that Bama fans are the most gracious and classy yet that&#39;s the kind of comment I get. I lived in Lexington and they dislike the Vols (football wise) but never did I see the kind of comments I see coming out of a wide range of fans here. It&#39;s a strange kind of arrogance that they are superior and the only reason they are not winning NCs is that the entire world is out to get them. Every missed call is another example of the conspiracy. To be sure, many are not this way and in fact are bothered by this recent trait.

I don&#39;t have any concerns about going to T-town. However, you would have thought going to Knoxville this year was like going to Falluja. Again, seemingly rational fans were expressing serious fears about the "violent" vol fans. What a joke&#33;

Anyway, as you can see from the posters that live here in Bamaville - the situation is annoying to say the least. It&#39;s more than just a few fans. Clearly not all, but enough to negatively affect the majority of bama fans.

To the bama posters on this board: First, welcome - I haven&#39;t seen the same type of thing from you that I see from many bama fans and Second - my intent is not to trash you or other fans; rather I&#39;m expressing my frustration at the minority of your fans that have taken this thing way too far. If I&#39;ve offended you, I apologize.

DITTO THAT VIB&#33;&#33;&#33;

:good: :good: :good:

VN Store

Back