Midway

XknoxvolsX

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
Who all has watched this? I went Friday and must say I enjoyed it. Began reading about it but have not read much so I don’t know how accurate it is.

Has some good action and actors playing good characters. Woody Harrelson was good and so was Dennis Quaid.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
My son and I saw it. As a movie we liked it. None of the bs of pearl harbor. Unfortunately I'm also a big ww2 nut, I've read tons about midway and the Pacific theater. They took a fair bit of artistic license with it, but nothing that really effects the story. I feel they did gloss over a lot of the battle and sacrifice. I know they had to to keep time down, but some things deserved to be better explained and covered. The story of pilots of midway, defending and attacking with outdated equipment. Hornet's torpedo squadron 8, and the battle to save the Yorktown. The Yorktown had been hit hard twice, but through the hard work of the crew it had been b saved and was limping home when it got hit by I-168 (I think).

Well, they showed just enough of the precip of the Doolittle raid that it made me think back to that Ben Affleck movie. I am just glad they did not special effect it to death.

Who all has watched this? I went Friday and must say I enjoyed it. Began reading about it but have not read much so I don’t know how accurate it is.

Has some good action and actors playing good characters. Woody Harrelson was good and so was Dennis Quaid.

I've been trying to get time the last couple of weekends to go but unfortunately I think this was the last week my local theater has it. I guess I'll wait and see it on 4K when it comes out.

Well, they showed just enough of the precip of the Doolittle raid that it made me think back to that Ben Affleck movie. I am just glad they did not special effect it to death.

I think they did that well. Just enough to show how it helped tip the scales for the Japanese to go after midway.

VN Store

Back