Michigan to fall in CFP rankings? - Michigan star RB out for remainder of season

Except they beat the snot out of the number 2 team with their number 1 guy on the sideline. Seems like justification to keep Michigan high.

We got boatraced by an unranked SC with our best guy playing most of the game. We win that game we are number 4. But we didnt. We lost. So we moved down.

I swear you guys will take everything personally as one conspiracy or another.

Hooker being injured actually had little to nothing with UT being ranked by the CFP below Alabama. It just provided a convenient excuse for them to throw out. We're ranked below Alabama because we got our butts handed to us by South Carolina.

Will be very interesting to see if Corum gets invited to the Heisman ceremony and Hooker doesn't.

Hooker being injured actually had little to nothing with UT being ranked by the CFP below Alabama. It just provided a convenient excuse for them to throw out. We're ranked below Alabama because we got our butts handed to us by South Carolina.
Not what the CFP committe said when asked.

"It was suggested that Hendon Hooker's injury had something to do with the rankings of Tennessee; is that figured into it when a key player is out with an injury to determine the value of the team?"

“Well, I’ll go backwards to last week in terms of South Carolina game. It was certainly something that we considered during the game, and if you remember correctly, I believe they were down 49-31 at the time when he went out. We do have more information on their game based on with Vanderbilt, and we go off of what we’ve seen so far.”

Not what the CFP committe said when asked.

"It was suggested that Hendon Hooker's injury had something to do with the rankings of Tennessee; is that figured into it when a key player is out with an injury to determine the value of the team?"

“Well, I’ll go backwards to last week in terms of South Carolina game. It was certainly something that we considered during the game, and if you remember correctly, I believe they were down 49-31 at the time when he went out. We do have more information on their game based on with Vanderbilt, and we go off of what we’ve seen so far.”
What they've seen so far meaning Milton isnt Hooker.

If we came in and threw all over Vandy and our offense didnt look any different, or even improved like Michigan did, we would be ranked higher.

It's not like Hooker got hurt in the off season and they dropped us. They saw us play without Hooker and didnt come away as impressed.

Regardless why we got ranked below Bama, doesn't make any of those reasons right. No justification at all with same record and us winning head to head. If head to head doesn't matter then throw out the ranking and just put whoever you like the most on a personal level.

Nope, they actually solidified their ranking by finding a way to win while missing their star player... 🤪👍

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Except they beat the snot out of the number 2 team with their number 1 guy on the sideline. Seems like justification to keep Michigan high.

We got boatraced by an unranked SC with our best guy playing most of the game. We win that game we are number 4. But we didnt. We lost. So we moved down.

I swear you guys will take everything personally as one conspiracy or another.
I think this is the best way to say this...

Can you make a plausible argument that we should be #6, ahead of Alabama? Yes. However, I see why people have a hard time entertaining that argument when we lost by 25 as a 22 point favorite to an unranked opponent.

Lots of people are talking about some kind of bias where we are judged more harshly for that loss than another team would be. People seem to have forgotten that in 2017, the committee held Ohio St - not UT, not some "little engine that could" team, Ohio freaking St out of the playoff for getting blown out by an unranked Iowa team, even though their only other loss was to #5 (finished #3) Oklahoma and they won the Big Ten title game. The same thing happened to them again in 2018; their only loss that season was a blowout loss to Purdue. They had 4 victories over ranked opponents and won the Big Ten title game too, but still didn't get in.

It happens. We choked and got embarrassed. You can argue that we're under-ranked by one spot, but we don't deserve to be any higher than we are. Let's move on.

I think this is the best way to say this...

Can you make a plausible argument that we should be #6, ahead of Alabama? Yes. However, I see why people have a hard time entertaining that argument when we lost by 25 as a 22 point favorite to an unranked opponent.

Lots of people are talking about some kind of bias where we are judged more harshly for that loss than another team would be. People seem to have forgotten that in 2017, the committee held Ohio St - not UT, not some "little engine that could" team, Ohio freaking St out of the playoff for getting blown out by an unranked Iowa team, even though their only other loss was to #5 (finished #3) Oklahoma and they won the Big Ten title game. The same thing happened to them again in 2018; their only loss that season was a blowout loss to Purdue. They had 4 victories over ranked opponents and won the Big Ten title game too, but still didn't get in.

It happens. We choked and got embarrassed. You can argue that we're under-ranked by one spot, but we don't deserve to be any higher than we are. Let's move on.
I also think if Bama wasnt back in consideration for the CFP people wouldnt be as upset. Luke if they were 7 and we were 8 people would still grumble, but not to this extent.

Reactions: 05_never_again

VN Store

Back