Michigan Pipeline Shutdown

How can A governor do such a thing as this is international? If they can then Texas can shut down their border
They can’t. It’s a deal with the US. That being said, it does sound like there might be some leaks that need to be addressed.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Canada warns Michigan oil line shutdown could undermine U.S. ties

"We will not stop operating the pipeline unless we are ordered by a court or our regulator, which we view as highly unlikely," Enbridge spokeswoman Tracie Kenyon said in a statement this week.

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer wrote to Enbridge on Tuesday threatening to seize company profits if Line 5 continues to operate past the Wednesday deadline.

"The State intends to assert claims for trespass and unjust enrichment against Enbridge at the appropriate time," Whitmer wrote, adding Michigan was confident it would win the ongoing legal battle.

"We will not stop operating the pipeline unless we are ordered by a court or our regulator, which we view as highly unlikely," Enbridge spokeswoman Tracie Kenyon said in a statement this week.

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer wrote to Enbridge on Tuesday threatening to seize company profits if Line 5 continues to operate past the Wednesday deadline.

"The State intends to assert claims for trespass and unjust enrichment against Enbridge at the appropriate time," Whitmer wrote, adding Michigan was confident it would win the ongoing legal battle.

It will be interesting to see how the Harris/Biden DOJ handles this.

Canada will stop trading with us?? Oh nose. Where will we get all our NHL players?

We are way overdue for a war with Canada, those smug bastards!

I own property in Michigan so I have several connections there. I asked about this and got this response from a resident who follows this sort of thing:

This is another example of Wretched's shallow liberal group think. This is totally political. In order to terminate an easement she will need to point to the way in which the easement has been violated. Stating that it may be violated somehow in the future isn’t enough. This she disregards. Remember, this is our gal who has also instructed the prosecutors to go after the former Gov. for causing the Flint water crisis. And we all know who did that- the Flint city council, etc. all of them local Flint folks. No republicans.

The new proposal from Enbridge is to lay new pipe inside a large concrete tunnel so that the line can be continually inspected and maintained. Also, if any leaks they will be encapsulated within the tunnel. Its not a perfect world but it makes sense to me.

BTW, the gas portion of the pipeline delivers the majority of natural gas that serves about 1/2 the population of MI.

I own property in Michigan so I have several connections there. I asked about this and got this response from a resident who follows this sort of thing:
Not just Michigan, but Indiana and Ohio as well. I wonder what kind of input those two states have in all of this?

latest

VN Store

Back