Michelle Wie

donsargegolf

Looks like Ms. Wie needs to move up to the "ladies" tees. A 15 year GIRL cannot compete with grown men. Maybe she doesn't get enough of her daddy's love. I don't watch mens PROFESSIONAL golf telecasts to watch an adolescent female shoot 78 or higher. Spare me of wasting a spot in a PGA Tour Event on a girl who cannot even win on her own level. If she QUALIFIES ok but, giving her a spot someone else earned at Tour School is crap. Opinion?

It is just for ratings......nothing more, nothing less!

If she can compete LPGA, fine. She should do that. But this little girl cannot compete with Singh, Woods or any of the rest.

Obvious she cannot compete with Vijay or Tiger but she is just 15 years old!!!! She was in the tournament last year and missed the cut by 1 stroke! She also shot a 68 a 68 on her last day in the tournament( How many of us can say we could score that low when we were 15 or better yet even now)!

Give credit where credit is due!!

Oh yea the sponser is the one who puts her in the tournament

Originally posted by Vols4life@Jan 13, 2005 9:59 PM
Oh yea the sponser is the one who puts her in the tournament

I know, he said that it will be good for the ratings!

the only credit I give her is for missing study hall. I have been in the business of golf for 30 years and she deserves to be in the tournament like i should start for the Colts on sunday. This pollitically correct society is repulsive. I have students who did not get in this event and she does? What a joke. Plus, that is basically her home course. poke it in the ground at Pebble and see what happens. Enough from me, this whole idea makes me :puke:

I don't think you can really come down on her - after all, she's only 15 and playing where somebody else tells her to. But I can see where a guy in your position takes it personally. People who don't follow the tour don't understand it, but it's disheartening when a tournament hands out a sponsor's exemption on a circus side show when you've got guys who are working their asses off to get in the field to make a check.

And more room for them. Let her play LPGA for a while. If she cleans house there in two or three years, then alright... I'm cool with that. But not before.

She was 17 strokes behind after 27 holes, any more questions? Back to class and to the practice tee with Lead. :bs:

its all about ratings, this happens for the same reasons they let thugs continue to play football and basketball, and why baseball's drug (steriod) policy was so lax until it blew up in the media.... puttin crowds in the stands and money in the sponsers pockets

There are special tour events that allow for mixed pros on the links, and she and others should be held to them. The traditional segregated events should remain so. You don't see the men attempting to qualify for an LPGA event. No free rides. Qualify or don't play. Golf was one of the few remaining level playing fields where you played on a weekend for your paycheck based soley on personal merit. Whether it's PGA, Senior PGA, or LPGA. Jack doesn't get to play every Saturday and Sunday at will just because he's Jack. Or even Tiger or Phil. If you want to play, make the cut like everyone else. It's a class sport, to be played with class and etiquite. Don't ruin it.

VN Store

Back