Michael Avenatti Arrested for Felony Domestic Violence

So? What is significant about that? It is very well possible he didn't start it.
Follow the conversation that led up to the comment. EL inferred the possibility that avenetti was set up in this whole thing. My question was how? If it was a false accusations, why would he admit to hitting her? If it was self defense, does EL believe that someone was paid to hit him first?

If you want to argue about what you believe to be misplaced southern chivalry, find someone else.

Did your parents raise you that’s it’s ok to hit a woman?
No, they did not.

But times have changed. Women far too often are taking advantage of the chivalrous nature of most men and using it as a way to start altercations and get preferential treatment in the courts. Unfortunately, they have screamed for equality... we need to give it too them.

If I hit you, are you expected to just stand there and take it?
If I can easily overpower you and I know it, instead of striking back offensively why not just deflect your blow?

You can protect yourself easily if your in a physically superior situation without going on the offensive.

Edit: btw I don’t disagree with the point you made in the post just above this one. But I’d submit even in a court if you strike back on a woman you’re not necessarily helping your case. For example remember how big I am. That’s generally going to be a losing proposition for me.

Last edited:
If I can easily overpower you and I know it, instead of striking back offensively why not just deflect your blow?

You can protect yourself easily if your in a physically superior situation without going on the offensive.
What responsibility or accountability do I have for instigating an attack on you... regardless if you could counter my attack or not?

Am I not still guilty of a crime?

No, they did not.

But times have changed. Women far too often are taking advantage of the chivalrous nature of most men and using it as a way to start altercations and get preferential treatment in the courts. Unfortunately, they have screamed for equality... we need to give it too them.

I’m old school, I’d never strike a woman.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
What responsibility or accountability do I have for instigating an attack on you... regardless if you could counter my attack or not?

Am I not still guilty of a crime?
Read my edit. Yeah you’re guilty. And if you hit me first I can probably strike back with reasonable impunity. Now if 6’4” 250 lb me is striking back at a 120 lb woman I think the judge is largely gonna be like “riiiiiiiiiiiight”.

Just because I can do it doesn’t really mean I should do it.

And I don’t think you’re a woman beater either. It’s a valid discussion but I think it’s difficult to talk in a general sense for man v woman. Man v man? Sure. 120 lb dudes shouldn’t go around swinging at 250 lb dudes. 😬. Now off to bed.

No, they did not.

Let us know how that works out for you. I would suggest watching COPS and pay attention to the domestic clips.

Sadly their investigation of the incident wasn't as thorough as yours.
Well I know there is a history of domestic violence between him and his girlfriend. I also know he was booked on a FELONY and if this was any of us it would've stood as a felony and we'd still be in jail.

Well I know there is a history of domestic violence between him and his girlfriend. I also know he was booked on a FELONY and if this was any of us it would've stood as a felony and we'd still be in jail.
You don't know what would have happened to any of us as you don't know the details of the case.

In all honesty, if that’s the extent of what he did, it’s not nearly as bad as I expected. The initial reports made it sound like he had punched her in the face, and this doesn’t have any element of that.
No man should be rejoicing over any man being falsely accused of domestic abuse.

VN Store

Back