"Miami hotline" this from a Miami board

Stoney Creek Vol

hurricane hotline, anyone listen, some stuff from it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am trying to remember what i heard. yes, i know, Coker will not say anything inflamatory.

let's see, he said that the team had been practicing well. that they reviewed the vt game on sunday and had a practice and sort of put it behind them. that they have had a good week of practice, seem confident, team in good spirits.

he said that geathers was a great player, in that he has done so much for the team. he is very athletic, and that he is not as physical a tb as say t. moss, but that he definitely likes the endzone. he said that nfl scouts that have seen him are actually impressed by his athleticism and versatility. coker said that they really try to spread the ball around, with all the diff skill players, but would like to get him the ball more.

said that they will look to spread the offense out, open it up, but that the defenses are really covering the big plays on them. said he thinks the canes fans, the crowd will be there and making noise, and that it will be their job to keep the crowd in it.

he also said that there is that possibility of next year having the qb spot open for competition. but understand, he is with Brock. said he is not on a leash, that it is hard to have any player go out and do that. the players need confidence and they do not want any player worrying about oh, no, i will get pulled. he said that last weekend, he sort of pulled brock, told him it was just not his night. let derrick go in there. he said the best part is how the 2 support eachother, that they are eachother's biggest fans. that brock was cheering on derrick and the offense when he went in and that derrick does the same.

i know you will not like this part, but he said tat brock is basically a freshman in this system. he lost game 8 of that freshman season, and he will learn from it. he also said that the wrs are also pretty young and learning a lot still. rought up that percentage again. a caller said he did not think brock played well in the first half, that he was throwing the ball low, and missed an easy pass. coker said that he had completed over 60% of his passes at that pt, no ints and had moved the ball. had the nice pass to geathers that was called back, before the missed fg i think, etc. like we all know, he supports brock and will stick up for him. i have no prob with that.

he praised the defense big time. said what we know, that the offense needsto be efficient and that if they are, the defense will take care of keeping them in games. limit mistakes, etc.

cannot rememer evrything else. heard a bit of dee, talking about how how the tv ratings are for miami games. how espn loves us (yeah for ratings, not for anything else).

by the way, on tv, had some players, said that there is a lot of season left, can go 4-0, finish out. i think myers said that everyone is counting us out, that we can win out, etc. seem in good spirits.

Like I said I just copied and paste , from a Miami board I hate to catch the Hurricanes after a loss but I can honestly say a couple of thing 1- At least they spent some extra time looking back at VaTech instaed of us, 2- I'd rather catch this team down instaed of really pumped and on a roll What the hay we'll start a 2 game losing streak for them Go Vols

VN Store

Back