'22 MI OT Masai Reddick (Tennessee commit)

sjt18

Recruiting rankings only matter when they commit to U.T. Otherwise they are overlooked guys who only need to be “coached up”. I think I would rather have the top guys like bama, Georgia, Ohio st., LSU, Clemson, tx. a&m., oregon, etc.
I want the best players. Period. If that's UT competing for and getting guys pursued by top programs then great. If it is UT finding guys who others haven't noticed but will develop into great players... just as good. There's a more secure feeling in getting the higher rated players. Where has that left us over the past several years? UT seems to have a knack for finding the 4/5* guys who the recruiting sites were wrong about... even when it seemed that top programs also wanted them.

T Dog

Legalize Cannabis, Go Vols!
I want the best players. Period. If that's UT competing for and getting guys pursued by top programs then great. If it is UT finding guys who others haven't noticed but will develop into great players... just as good. There's a more secure feeling in getting the higher rated players. Where has that left us over the past several years? UT seems to have a knack for finding the 4/5* guys who the recruiting sites were wrong about... even when it seemed that top programs also wanted them.
Go to Burger King, they give it to ya your way, right away.

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
Would you rather land a commitment from a top 100 player in the country with an impressive offer list, or a top 1100 kid in the country who’s only other recent offers have been Cincinnati, Arkansas State, Marshall, and Utah State?

I’ll hang up and listen.
For the first year, the higher rated guy should be closer to seeing the field. But ability to take coaching and change his body over the following 3-4 years may surprise you at how close they end up.

Rashawn Slater chose Northwestern over Illinois, Kansas, Wyoming and Rice. Christian Darrisaw had one FBS offer from Va Tech. Both were first rounders this year. OL scouting is the ultimate inexact science.

Last edited:

FïreBall

Go Big Orange!
If some haven't noticed, most of the Heupel commits are very high character, very hard working, very intelligent, and well spoken kids. These are the types of kids that are likely to remain loyal, and help build a strong foundation in the first few years. You can't develop kids that aren't hard working, very coachable, or no longer with the program.
To add.. Oline recruits are ones to be molded and developed. That's one position you HOPE is not needed when they are in their first year of college but rather in the 3rd year +. His size doesn't matter at this point in time because hopefully he will get 2+ years to develop. The best olines UT had were players that in the system for several years. Some of the top olines in the country are all 5 stars.. This recruit seems intelligent.. The smarter the faster...

BondJamesBond

Double naught spy (DNS)
If you think about it, from where Tennessee sits right now, a coach who can sift through the 3 stars and find a gem is more valuable than one who goes after every 4 and 5 star. Far less competition for the 3* who ultimately develops into a star at his position. Everybody competes for the 5 star because assessments are easier.

Only time will show if our coaches choose wisely or not, but I won't write off anyone they select just yet.

kamoshika

Tennessee commit Masai Reddick has really played well the first two games. A lot of observers who were at the Prep Kickoff Classic and yesterday's game concur. The big man plays mean, but the big thing is, at 325 pounds, he is getting off the ball well, moving well and continues to show he was a steal for the Vols who snuck in and stole him while other schools were still deciding on offering or not. That looks like it will pay off.
Scouting Notes: Detroit Cass Tech at Muskegon

RiseToTheTop

Tennessee commit Masai Reddick has really played well the first two games. A lot of observers who were at the Prep Kickoff Classic and yesterday's game concur. The big man plays mean, but the big thing is, at 325 pounds, he is getting off the ball well, moving well and continues to show he was a steal for the Vols who snuck in and stole him while other schools were still deciding on offering or not. That looks like it will pay off.
Scouting Notes: Detroit Cass Tech at Muskegon

that kid is from Detroit you know hes tough

VN Store