'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

I think heā€™s a student at Marietta or has some connection to those kids - but Iā€™m not buying heā€™s suddenly this plugged in guru who has any clue on the Rogers recruitment.

I immediately dismiss an ā€œinsiderā€ when he starts talking about bids for a player.

Have fun chasing your tails like a bunch of dogs. I donā€™t know nothing just like fā€™n with you guys. GTFO.šŸ¤ŸšŸæ

You donā€™t think players get paid?
I wouldnā€™t say public knowledge they get cash offers but itā€™s known.
I donā€™t think itā€™s as much as people act like. I think alums hand out cash and stuff at times. But I doubt thereā€™s all these big ā€œbidsā€ going on like people act like. Sometimes yeah, but for every player like it seems? Nah

Have fun chasing your tails like a bunch of dogs. I donā€™t know nothing just like fā€™n with you guys. GTFO.šŸ¤ŸšŸæ
So...a troll. šŸ˜“
giphy.gif

You donā€™t think players get paid?
I wouldnā€™t say public knowledge they get cash offers but itā€™s known.

I cannot believe, in this day and age of footloose and fantsy free millenia - that the NCAA won't allow kid's to at least work part time or even full time in summer to earn extra money.

Separetely, (and i'm talking to the hypothetical NCAA Rules Committee member whonreads VN). We know they're getting paid guys, cmon. Own it.

Just thinking out loud. If NCAA is worried about kids taking the money, quitting then waiting on draft. Less similarly, i took money as was offered as a transfer manager for a company. Wasnt much, like $10K. At the time it covered my move and was a jolt for rent etc. We had to budget it. There were few stipulations IF i stayed employed.

Had i quit or gotten fired with cause, i owed it back. I believe there were some penalties too if you quit. Back to football, That way if a kid decides to quit football and enter the draft early just to take the money, they owe it back, plus interest.

I cannot believe, in this day and age of footloose and fantsy free millenia - that the NCAA won't allow kid's to at least work part time or even full time in summer to earn extra money.

Separetely, (and i'm talking to the hypothetical NCAA Rules Committee member whonreads VN). We know they're getting paid guys, cmon. Own it.

Just thinking out loud. If NCAA is worried about kids taking the money, quitting then waiting on draft. Less similarly, i took money as was offered as a transfer manager for a company. Wasnt much, like $10K. At the time it covered my move and was a jolt for rent etc. We had to budget it. There were few stipulations IF i stayed employed.

Had i quit or gotten fired with cause, i owed it back. I believe there were some penalties too if you quit. Back to football, That way if a kid decides to quit football and enter the draft early just to take the money, they owe it back, plus interest.
I spoke with a UGA alum the other day. He told me that this stuff is way overblown. He said the way guys get paid is just alums giving cash hand outs at times ā€œto help with groceries or booksā€ and stuff like that. So does a Cam Newton situation happen from time to time? Sure. But acting like dozens of players every year are getting bid on for thousands and thousands of dollars is just baloney imo

I spoke with a UGA alum the other day. He told me that this stuff is way overblown. He said the way guys get paid is just alums giving cash hand outs at times ā€œto help with groceries or booksā€ and stuff like that. So does a Cam Newton situation happen from time to time? Sure. But acting like dozens of players every year are getting bid on for thousands and thousands of dollars is just baloney imo

potato potato, iyam imho.

Would love to know what happened here. We got about 4 CBs plus insider's predictions, and then...nothing.
Everyone scratched their heads and thought I had a bad case of the Forrest Gumps when I asked AV to clarify the celebration emojis but this is why I asked.

Was it supposed to be a public commitment, the kid just telling them he would end up here or just letting them know that we had a strong lead?
I just like to be clear before risking premature boomage.

Somethings are time sensitive. It could be a grandparents Bday, Dads Birthday or some other important date as to why they wait.

Some kids want to enjoy the process, some want to announce early to get all the coaches off their backs. But some coaches donā€™t take no for an answer.

But at the end of the day, itā€™s their decision on when they want to announce.

Let them be kids and enjoy the moment.

Just relax, we are good here and have been since late last year.

Last weekend was big for several other recruits also.

And for the record, we CAN have nice things.

GBFO!!

VN Store

Back