'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

-Rivals

Haven’t watched his film yet, I wonder if there is film of him on defense? Wonder if Khakis pants has done his sleepover yet,

talented team, his QB last year was ranked #3 DT QB by Rivals

I thought this said the QB was rated the #3 DT and was legitimately impressed.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Would you rather see him at OG or DT?

I’d prefer him mauling people on the O-Line
As of right now DT. Does not seem to be many elite DT next cycle. Lots of OL to choose from tho. We are going to have some good OG on a years time. Akporogene
McBride
Ollie lane
Calbert
Jerome Carvin
Locklear
+ 1 or 2 more this next class. I would guess Tucker and Xavier Hill.
Think they are gonna start Lampley at Center. Mayes for Center next class.

OT Tatum
Niehaus
Wanya Morris
Darnell Wright
Richmond?
Next class, Paris, Columbine CO big dude.
I dont expect Trey Smith to play again.

As of right now DT. Does not seem to be many elite DT next cycle. Lots of OL to choose from tho. We are going to have some good OG on a years time. Akporogene
McBride
Ollie lane
Calbert
Jerome Carvin
Locklear

OT Tatum
Niehaus
Wanya Morris
Darnell Wright
Richmond?
Yes, we have some nice players in the OG group. But none of them are the caliber of Rogers.

He’s an upgrade over all of those guys, and would go a long way towards forming an ELITE O-Line alongside Wanya & Wright.

McBride
Ollie lane
Calbert
Jerome Carvin
Locklear

OT Tatum
Niehaus
Wanya Morris
Darnell Wright
Richmond?

I know it’s early but I could see our class being Ratledge at tackle, Tucker at guard, two of the Memphis tackles with one ending up at tackle and the other at guard and Mays at center...this leaves Rogers for the DL which IMO would be the best spot for him

Reactions: T Dog
Yes, we have some nice players in the OG group. But none of them are the caliber of Rogers.

He’s an upgrade over all of those guys, and would go a long way towards forming an ELITE O-Line alongside Wanya & Wright.

I personally haven't seen a situation (that I can recall) where a 5* OG was a big upgrade over a 4* OG. That position just doesn't require the elite frame and athleticism of an OT, where stars make more difference. I think we're fine on the interior of the OL. If Rogers has elite potential on the DL --where we're paper thin -- by all means play him there.

Reactions: T Dog and chavisut
I must Have this guy confused w someone else. Thought we were 1 of his favorites but we were not even mentioned in article..

I must Have this guy confused w someone else. Thought we were 1 of his favorites but we were not even mentioned in article..
Find our name in any associated with Crouch before his announcement. Same with Wright earlier...and we led for him most of his senior campaign.

I personally haven't seen a situation (that I can recall) where a 5* OG was a big upgrade over a 4* OG. That position just doesn't require the elite frame and athleticism of an OT, where stars make more difference. I think we're fine on the interior of the OL. If Rogers has elite potential on the DL --where we're paper thin -- by all means play him there.
Rogers is a Top 10 talent. He’s a significant upgrade over those guys.

And I hate to tell you, but those guys listed are not 4Star players, save for Carvin. And Carvin was barely a 4Star in the Composite, ranked outside the Top300.

Reactions: tatervol
According to 247 he's visited meechigan a couple times recently. Did he say which way (school) he's leaning to at this moment?

I’ve felt really good about him being a Vol based on his words and excitement post UT visit. I even expected him to be the commit that @MetalVolunteer and VQ guys hinting too the other week (Simonton said in the chat that recruit decided to slow things down and commit over the summer).

But the Mayes commitment to Clemson yesterday reminded me that naw, we likely don’t have Rogers in the bag and not to get excited.

VN Store

Back