• HEIGHT 6-5
  • WEIGHT 275
  • HIGH SCHOOL Edwardsburg
  • HOME TOWN Edwardsburg, MI
  • CLASS 2020
Josh Priebe, 2020 Offensive guard - Rivals

Josh Priebe, Edwardsburg, Offensive Tackle

Last edited:
Pulls very nicely out of the guard position. Explosive with his initial contact and violent hands. He displays a nasty streak that you want to see in a mauler - constantly pancakes opposing defenders, doesn't stop until the play is over, head is on a swivel looking for someone to hit, and he does a great job getting to the next level as a lead blocker. He also displays great leverage and gets underneath much bigger men. Looks to be deceptively strong as well, constantly beating bigger men though a combination of better technique and explosive contact. Plus, he doesn't seem to be carrying very much bad weight at all, so if he is a true 265 lbs, you wouldn't have to worry about recomping his body, rather focus on putting on good quality weight. Definitely interested to see how this kids recruitment goes, would love to get him in for camp.

Edwardsburg, Michigan offensive lineman Josh Priebe has had a busy few weeks with offers coming in from around the country. His latest scholarship was his first SEC offer coming from Tennessee coming on Tuesday night. “It’s been crazy. I have picked up a few offers. It’s really picked up the last two to three months. Tennessee offered last night (Tuesday),” Priebe said. “A couple of weeks ago, coach (Chris) Weinke reached out to me and we have been talking. (Tuesday) he sent me a message to call him. He said they had gone over my film again and then he offered.

“I don’t know a ton about them. I’m researching them. I hope to come down there during my spring break.” Priebe said the Vol offer is big not only because it’s Tennessee, it’s also the SEC. “It’s a huge deal,” Priebe said of the SEC offer. “It’s crazy. The SEC is arguably the best conference in the country. Playing for and against the best that’s anyone’s dream.”

Priebe is a 6-5, 275-lineman who could play any off the positions on the offensive line. He believes it’s his athletic ability that has gotten everyone’s attention. “They said they really like how I move for my size. My athleticism and the angles that I get,” Priebe said. “They like my aggression. “I could see myself at either guard or tackle. I don’t have a preference. I feel can play either one.”

Priebe lives just outside South Bend and grew up a Notre Dame fan. He has made trips to see the Irish. He’s also seen Michigan State who was the first Power 5 school to recruit him. In the coming weeks and months, Priebe will see several other schools. He heads to Duke next week. He will see Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan. Over spring break he plans to road trip to the south to see Tennessee and several other ACC and SEC schools.

“One of the biggest things Im looking for is a place where I have the best relationship with the coaches. A place that feels like home,” Priebe said. “My goal is to make a decision before the start of my high school season if I’m ready.”

-VQ

“Everything went really well,” said Priebe. “I mean, I’ve been in contact with Coach Weinke probably almost every single day since they offered me. And he’s been kind of my lead recruiter, so I’ve gotten to know him really well, and the assistant offensive line coach (graduate assistant Nick Sewak) and a couple more people on staff. “So when I got down there, really just the biggest thing was kind of getting more comfortable on campus and everything. I got the whole tour (Thursday) and really liked everything, so I was real impressed.”

“They’re definitely one of the schools I’m considering very heavily, no doubt,” he said. “I’m definitely hoping to visit again in the future. Tennessee, they need linemen really bad, so that’s kind of in their needs here for the next two recruiting classes. The opportunity that they said — I mean, obviously, they’re not going to promise playing time or anything like that until you get there. But they’ve said I’d have an opportunity to get in there with possibly the twos next year because, I mean, they really need linemen and they don’t have a whole lot of guys. “So to get the opportunity to play at a program like Tennessee early on, that’s huge. And obviously the SEC, that’s also incredible, so that’s very appealing.”

He said he enjoyed “getting some quality time” with second-year Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt and the rest of Tennessee’s staff, including Weinke and offensive line coach Will Friend, and he was blown away by the “incredible” campus and facilities. “That totally surprised me,” Priebe said. “I definitely didn’t know what to expect going into it. I hadn’t been down to Knoxville ever. And Knoxville’s a really nice city, too, and I kind of realized that, as well. The combination of facilities — the indoor field, the stadium, everything — it’s incredible, for sure.

“There wasn’t really anyone else visiting (Thursday), so it was very personal, and I got to spend a lot of time with Coach Weinke, Coach Friend, along with Coach Pruitt. Got to sit down with him for a while, and he seems like a really down-to-earth guy and really good guy, so that was great.” Priebe said Pruitt was “really excited that I made it down,” and Friend told Priebe that he could play virtually anywhere on Tennessee’s offensive line.

Grew up a Notre Dame fan but no offer from them yet. He hopes to decide before senior season.

VN Store

Back