'22 MI CB Jeremiah Caldwell (Louisville commit)

Even though I live in Michigan, I’d encourage every player up here to get the heck out and go down South (to TN, of course). Do you really want to freeze your ass off AND pay 4.5% of your NIL check to the State of Michigan for them to “fix the roads”?
View attachment 384417

Put that on a billboard.

Jeremiah Caldwell, he's transferring to the UT. Reading between the lines and his comments, looking around is just a thin smoke screen, he's going Vol-ing. He's a Vol already, knows it, but is playing coy about it. So, I'll be the first to say, "Welcome home, Jerry." You might be even more welcome if you bring to share a few buckets of Nashville Hot, KFC along. You know, sort of Tennessee-ize a Kentucky thing.

Last edited:
Jeremiah Caldwell, he's transferring to the UT. Reading between the lines and his comments, looking around is just a thin smoke screen, he's going Vol-ing. I doubt he plays this year, though. Kind of lightweight, being a freshman, and joining so late. But maybe next year f we are thin at CB, but better in twp years when he has more heft, coaching, and a bit of experience. Nonetheless, he's a Vol already, knows it but is playing coy about it. So, I'll be the first to say, "Welcome home, Jerry." You might be even more welcome if you bring to share a few buckets of Nashville Hot, KFC along. You know, sort of Tennessee-ize a Kentucky thing.

Well, he’s a senior in high school, so he’s not “transferring” anywhere. He’s still a recruit in the 2022 class. He’s just decommitting from Kentucky. And yes, he won’t play anywhere in college this year. But maybe next year.

Well, he’s a senior in high school, so he’s not “transferring” anywhere. He’s still a recruit in the 2022 class. He’s just decommitting from Kentucky. And yes, he won’t play anywhere in college this year. But maybe next year.

Thank you for the corrections, seriously. Now, about that Nashville Hot chicken bucket?
tenor.gif

Rivals.com - Sting Factor: Jeremiah Caldwell backs off pledge to Kentucky

Jeremiah Caldwell had been committed to Kentucky since January, but he was also recruited by former assistant coach Steve Clinkscale, who’s now at Michigan, and so the writing started to go on the wall that a decommitment could be coming.

That happened in recent days and now the Belleville, Mich., four-star cornerback is back on the market with Michigan State showing interest and a new offer from Tennessee.
But the four-star has reopened his recruitment and this one could especially sting if he ends up in Knoxville.

NATIONAL REACTION
"I like Caldwell on tape. He’s fast, explosive, he can diagram plays and react to them, he hits and he goads the quarterback sometimes to make a throw that Caldwell can pick off. At receiver, the four-star is electric and athletic, so Kentucky would have been well-served if it could have kept him in the class.
"If Michigan State lands Caldwell it is still a decent-sized miss for the Wildcats, but if the four-star ends up in Tennessee’s class then the sting is pretty significant because then Kentucky will have to face him as both SEC schools look to keep climbing up the division ranks. The Vols could be in good shape for him." - Adam Gorney, Rivals National Recruiting Director
Sting Factor: 7

We could really use some secondary help for sure,im not sure how many we lose but it's a bunch.Im still puzzled at how bad Pruitt and Ansley did at recruiting that position!I mean their body of work speaks for itself,but related to recruiting it was super underwhelming.Getting Stewart and Caldwell will def help the cause.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
We could really use some secondary help for sure,im not sure how many we lose but it's a bunch.Im still puzzled at how bad Pruitt and Ansley did at recruiting that position!I mean their body of work speaks for itself,but related to recruiting it was super underwhelming.Getting Stewart and Caldwell will def help the cause.
Apparently Rucker (freshman DB) is the fastest player on the team, and the real deal. But, yes, we need a couple of very solid kids in this class for sure.

VN Store

Back