'22 MI CB Jeremiah Caldwell (Louisville commit)

Kentucky commit Jeremiah Caldwell camped with Tennessee last week and picked up an offer while walking off the practice field from UT defensive coordinator Tim Banks.

“It feels good, real good,” the 2022 defensive back said. “I saw him yesterday at Tennessee State and we talked some after that. Coming here and getting an offer – it feels good.”

“Coach Banks told me today that I’m physical and that I fit the mold of the defense here,” Caldwell said afterwards. “The camp was really nice and there’s a lot of good athletes here.”

“He’s nice and he keeps it 100 with you,” Caldwell said of Banks. “I like coach Martinez too. He brings a lot of energy to the drills. I also had a chance to talk to some of the current players and they had a lot of good things to say.”

Though the defensive back is committed to Kentucky, the prospect is still ‘digging around’ in his recruitment and said Tennessee is ‘definitely’ a school he will consider. Caldwell has been busy this month, camping at Ferris State, Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee State and with the Volunteers.
-VQ

Sounds like his primary recruiter Clinkscale left for Michigan and UK didn't keep up contact.

I made a low confidence CB pick for Tennessee here. I needed to get off Kentucky and at the moment, Tennessee is the school he's most recently been to and Tim Banks has good relationships in Michigan and at Belleville, so I'm putting my chip on the Vols, but I think a lot can change in this one.

- Allen Trieu

“When I had committed a few months ago, I felt like this was the right choice for me and my family,” Caldwell said his decommitment post yesterday. “With a lot of time and thinking, I will be de-committing from the University of Kentucky and making my recruitment back 100 percent open.”

The Belleville, Mich. native told Volquest shortly after he felt as if it was ‘a little too early for a commitment’ when he made the call in January and that he feels it’s time to ‘re-open things’ in his process. Kentucky is still in the conversation, however, for Caldwell.

Tennessee, who offered the 6-foot-3, 175-pound athlete following a June camp, is in the thick of the race with defensive coordinator Tim Banks and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez in regular contact with the prospect.

“I’ve been talking to those two a lot since the offer,” Caldwell told Volquest. “We each have pretty normal and basic conversations. They ask about how I’m doing and ask about my team. They both say they like me a lot at safety because they know I can cover and that I’m long.”

“I’m looking at the coaches to see if they can build relationships with the players,” the four-star said. “I’d like to speak to some of the players who are at these places and some of the players who are already committed as well to see what they say about the program.”

Tennessee is in good shape there as childhood friend and new Tennessee defensive back Kamal Hadden keep in touch.

“My older brother grew up with Kamal, so he was always at the house,” the prospect said. “He is telling me that he likes it there and that it’s a good fit for him. He is straight-up with me. He tells me that if he likes it there, he knows I will too because we come from the same background.”

Caldwell is the 10th-rated player in the state of Michigan, the 24th-rated athlete in the class and owns a 5.8 Rivals Rating. He was busy in June – making stops at Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee, Tennessee State, Alabama, Ferris State and a few other places.

“Summer was long and I hardly had any breaks. I had several sequences where I camped in back-to-back days,” the Volunteer target said. “It was a great experience though and I loved the competition. It was really fun traveling around seeing the South and Midwest. It felt like I went everywhere.”

Caldwell plans to play a lot of cornerback and wide receiver for Belleville this season. He’ll also line up at safety and nickelback in certain packages and potentially against certain teams. In the meantime, the prospect will continue to process everything in recruiting by taking it day-by-day.

Still, the Volunteers are in this one. “I really like coach Martinez because he keeps it 100 [percent] with me,” Caldwell concluded. “At the camp down at Tennessee, we were doing drills and he was telling me right there what I have to improve on. I really liked that. “I could envision myself being there. I really enjoyed it when I was down there in June.”

- VQ

I'm no expert at HS film but man I just watched his film and there is one thing that's obvious. He is a Ball Hawk! Dude always has his eyes on the QB before and after the snap, plays fast and hits hard.

He could be the steal of the class if we get him.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm no expert at HS film but man I just watched his film and there is one thing that's obvious. He is a Ball Hawk! Dude always has his eyes on the QB before and after the snap, plays fast and hits hard.

He could be the steal of the class if we get him.
I don't know if we'll get him, but this staff definitely wants long, rangy corners.

VN Store

Back