Meyer possibly going to NFL

GolfvolSC

What’s your thoughts on the news out of the NFL? My opinion, he had “heart problems” in college, NFL will put him in the ground.

What’s your thoughts on the news out of the NFL? My opinion, he had “heart problems” in college, NFL will put him in the ground.

The NFL is much less stressful than the NCAA on a coach. NCAA...you have to recruit 12 months/year, plus coach games and operate your program as a CEO. NFL coaching off-seasons are just that...an off-season.

Meyer would have an easier time with his health in the NFL.

Would have to be the perfect situation IMO. He’s not going to Detroit or the Jets. It’s gonna take Mike McCarthy being fired or something crazy to happen I think.

Urban’s name gets floated every year by certain Washington entities. I just don’t think he’s interested in working for Dan Snyder. I do think Jacksonville would be an interesting fit but still have my doubts that Urban coaches again.

Dick Vermeil and Joe Gibbs burned themselves out. You saw how Sourrier’s moderate workload turned out.

The NFL presents a different set of issues.

I won’t be surprised if he is unsuccessful. He won’t be able to have superior talent 99% of the time.

No offense. I support that model in CFB, and respect coaches who can do it. But, the pro game is a different animal.

As much as I hate him, Meyer is a great coach for college.

I've never seen the draw to him for NFL teams though.

Alex Smith is the only QB he developed to ever pan out in the league and there is always the potential for him to bolt after a few seasons.

VN Store

Back