Metal detecting in East Tennessee

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
I was just wondering if anyone does any metal detecting. If so are you doing it near East Tennessee? Anybody got any good tips on places to go? My best friend and I have really gotten into it lately and we are looking for some good spots.

I was just wondering if anyone does any metal detecting. If so are you doing it near East Tennessee? Anybody got any good tips on places to go? My best friend and I have really gotten into it lately and we are looking for some good spots.

I live next to a historic battle site in sevierville and this is something I've been thinking about doing.

Any good experiences with it so far? What type of equipment do you have?

OP, unfortunately you are asking the question equivelent of "Where do you hunt ginseng?" Any place with a good yield is probably very protected by hunters. I found a site in a public field that I've been digging off and on for several years and I tell NO one where it is at. I've found silver and pre 1900s coins on it. You may find some general places in forums but the best thing to do is spend a day in the library studying the history of civil war camps and regiment movements in the area you want to hunt. Your luck may strike in finding a camp site that hasn't been dug. Also look for where schools once were and look around trees where kids climbed.

What equipment do you all use? AN/PSS-14? VMC-1?

Don't forget these

641_mainl.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

I do a lot in southern middle TN, lots of historical civil war movements and camps.

Best advice I can give you is find where the old railroads were, there's alway camps near the old trestles and bridges. BUT ALWAYS GET PERMISSION!!

VN Store

Back