Men o pause

Nothing grosses me out. I think I've seen or heard it all over the past 38 years. Lol Well, too be honest, my SIL grosses me out.

Back when a guy (*cough* DXH *cough*) would try that, I told him that the physical symptoms made it much harder to ignore his daily crap, so perhaps he could try to be a bit less obnoxious a few days a month. (Behavioral crap, not tying-up-the-bathroom crap.)
My ex always suffered twice as much as me. If my back hurt, oh, his had been hurting too. Bad headache, oh, his thought he had a migraine coming on. The day I sprained my ankle and suddenly he could barely walk, I told him my ovaries hurt.

Back when a guy (*cough* DXH *cough*) would try that, I told him that the physical symptoms made it much harder to ignore his daily crap, so perhaps he could try to be a bit less obnoxious a few days a month. (Behavioral crap, not tying-up-the-bathroom crap.)
My Psychology Professor (a man) told us that, during that time of month, a women's hormones almost mirror that of a man's. Therefore, we men now know what we are like everyday of the month. Made me rethink my outlook on things.

My ex always suffered twice as much as me. If my back hurt, oh, his had been hurting too. Bad headache, oh, his thought he had a migraine coming on. The day I sprained my ankle and suddenly he could barely walk, I told him my ovaries hurt.
That’s terrible, but I can top this!!!

With my first kid, I started labor on a Tuesday. Contractions every 8-10 minutes for 21 hours, stopped for 3, then started up again. I went to the hospital on Friday and told them I wasn’t leaving until I had a kid in my arms. Two units of pitocin, a tear in my cervix, and one hour of transition (back-to-back contractions) later, he was born a little after 1am on Saturday with a 1-minute Apgar of 3, floppy, grey, and not breathing, without a neonatal staffer present. The first and only time I’ve heard a non-TV doctor say “stat.” (They hustled a nurse up from the NICU who resuscitated him.)

So about noon that day, DXH stomps into my room empty-handed, collapses into the chair, and proceeds to tell me how exhausted and terrible he feels. I stared at him and told him, “Get your ass downstairs and don’t come back up until you have some flowers in your hand and a smile on your face, at least for your newborn son.”

First time I’d ever talked to him like that. That was the day I started wondering about whether our marriage would last. Divorce was final not quite 27 years later.

The current DH is a definite upgrade! 1579982399077.gif

That’s terrible, but I can top this!!!

With my first kid, I started labor on a Tuesday. Contractions every 8-10 minutes for 21 hours, stopped for 3, then started up again. I went to the hospital on Friday and told them I wasn’t leaving until I had a kid in my arms. Two units of pitocin, a tear in my cervix, and one hour of transition (back-to-back contractions) later, he was born a little after 1am on Saturday with a 1-minute Apgar of 3, floppy, grey, and not breathing, without a neonatal staffer present. The first and only time I’ve heard a non-TV doctor say “stat.” (They hustled a nurse up from the NICU who resuscitated him.)

So about noon that day, DXH stomps into my room empty-handed, collapses into the chair, and proceeds to tell me how exhausted and terrible he feels. I stared at him and told him, “Get your ass downstairs and don’t come back up until you have some flowers in your hand and a smile on your face, at least for your newborn son.”

First time I’d ever talked to him like that. That was the day I started wondering about whether our marriage would last. Divorce was final not quite 27 years later.

The current DH is a definite upgrade! View attachment 256453

when mine told me “this is hard” while I was in full blown labor, I told him to shut up and sit down.

Episiotomy... HBPW required 180 stitches after first child. Doctor asked me "what blood type is she?" Me: "I don't know!" "Isn't in her records!"

Episiotomy... HBPW required 180 stitches after first child. Doctor asked me "what blood type is she?" Me: "I don't know!" "Isn't in her records!"
Ouchies! Mine wasn’t nearly that bad. (Only one - the next two were with midwives, who know how to avoid them.)

It’s really amazing the huge gaps that are in patient records. And what, the doc was going to take your word for it??

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Ouchies! Mine wasn’t nearly that bad. (Only one - the next two were with midwives, who know how to avoid them.)

It’s really amazing the huge gaps that are in patient records. And what, the doc was going to take your word for it??
Thank goodness I didn't take a SWAG.

Reactions: VolNExile
My Psychology Professor (a man) told us that, during that time of month, a women's hormones almost mirror that of a man's. Therefore, we men now know what we are like everyday of the month. Made me rethink my outlook on things.
I learned to just stay outside, or in my room when one of mine are having moments😄

unless its like my wife complaining about the lack of..and wont see Doctor ..been living this madness for last 7 months in agony..many trees in my forsest i marked for bashing my head against
Is she older, or are you talking about something else?

she is older

complains from the cramps and the head aches that are sometimes extremely bad , there is only symptoms..not sure how to explain it plus her moods swings are in full effect..
It can be seriously miserable at times. Thankfully it doesn't last forever for most.

Last edited:
she is older

complains from the cramps and the head aches that are sometimes extremely bad , there is only symptoms..not sure how to explain it plus her moods swings are in full effect..
My wife is 2 years in thought it was over had like 2 months left then 💥 back to square one. I feel for ya

My wife's lasted about a month. Other than a couple of "Hair on Fire" days, it was pretty smooth... for me anyways.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back