Men’s BB...BEST STREAMING SERVICES...EDUCATE ME

SmokeyLives

Every dog has his day!
We have had it with Uverse, wanna go basic internet/tv but wanna watch our Vols BBall team. Help me Volnation...

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
YouTube TV is solid.
I have YouTube TV, and have for about 6 months, now. I don’t miss anything Vol related. I have all of my local channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, ACC Network, Big 10 Network, FS1, FS2, Fox SportsSouth, Fox Sports Ohio, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, MLB Network, NBA TV, etc. I get a total of about 72 channels for $52 and change after tax.

Edit: To add to that lineup, you can also bundle ESPN+, Disney+, and standard Hulu services for an additional $11.99 a month, and miss virtually nothing. That cost added to YouTube TV gets you a ton of entertainment value for less than $65/mo.

The ESPN+ feature also allows you access to their premium content on their website, as well.

Last edited:
I agree with the others.

YouTube (tv), it may be a bit more expensive......especially if you only want it for “Tennessee” games.....but you pretty much have access to all of them and you don’t have to dig around to find “how your going to watch the game.”

And you get a bunch of other good stuff (as far as TV).

It still beats cable and satellite (receiver) tv prices.

you can do it cheaper with Sling or espn+.......but your not guaranteed “everything” and the quality is not near as good (for me).

Reactions: SmokeyLives
If I were you, I would see if anyone you know would be willing to let you have their cable login credentials. You can use those on the ESPN site and mobile app to stream the vast majority of our games. I know that may not be a viable option, but obviously worth it if it is.

I have YouTube TV, and have for about 6 months, now. I don’t miss anything Vol related. I have all of my local channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, ACC Network, Big 10 Network, FS1, FS2, Fox SportsSouth, Fox Sports Ohio, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, MLB Network, NBA TV, etc. I get a total of about 72 channels for $52 and change after tax.

Edit: To add to that lineup, you can also bundle ESPN+, Disney+, and standard Hulu services for an additional $11.99 a month, and miss virtually nothing. That cost added to YouTube TV gets you a ton of entertainment value for less than $65/mo.

The ESPN+ feature also allows you access to their premium content on their website, as well.

Another benefit of YouTube TV is you can Share it on 5 devices and stream 3 at once.

I think the cheapest option is Sling TV. I think you can pay $35 and get ESPN and the SECN. I've been using Mobdro on the Firestick, which is free, but laggy and looks like it's shot on a potato lol...but it's free.

Does Youtube tv allow you access to espn3 and SECN plus on the internet? I saw where in August they discontinued letting you have this service. I am now with Hulu and Hulu live which allows both these but Youtube is a cheaper option after the Hulu price increase. A lot of Lady Vol and even Vol games are only on ESPN3 and SECN plus online so been trying to get an answer to this question. Getting an answer from Youtube is virtually impossible.

Another benefit of YouTube TV is you can Share it on 5 devices and stream 3 at once.
You actually get 6 individual accounts that are totally customizable, so everyone in your family can their own account. As you stated, 3 can stream at any one time. Unlimited DVR storage. No contract, commitment, or cancellation fee.

For the money, it really is the best thing going. Now, for full disclosure, I should list my cons with relation to the service/format, as well...
1.)They have already raised the price up to $49.99 from the original $34.99, so I wonder how long its pricing model is viable.
2.) It isn’t seamless like cable or satellite TV. While you do have an interactive guide that you can scroll thru...surf...on screen (with a Smart TV) or on your phone if you are casting, it isn’t just a quick flip of the channel. Each channel has to load when you switch. Takes maybe 5 seconds +/-. A little cumbersome, but not a deal-breaker.
3.) Like with any streaming platform, your internet speed can greatly influence your experience. I have 100M cable internet. I rarely experience lags in picture quality, freeze ups, etc., but they do happen on occasion.
4.) Lastly, and this particular to sporting events, there is a bit of a delay. I used to like sitting with my device in my hand and keeping up with things as I watched a game. I can’t do that with YouTube TV because of the delay, which can be anywhere from 10-30 seconds. I don’t want to be watching a game where the kicker is about to kick the final FG to win or lose, and then get a notification on my phone as he is lining up for the kick that the game is over and the final score. So, I have just had to learn to adjust and put my phone on silent and set it away from me during those situations.

Does Youtube tv allow you access to espn3 and SECN plus on the internet? I saw where in August they discontinued letting you have this service. I am now with Hulu and Hulu live which allows both these but Youtube is a cheaper option after the Hulu price increase. A lot of Lady Vol and even Vol games are only on ESPN3 and SECN plus online so been trying to get an answer to this question. Getting an answer from Youtube is virtually impossible.
If I am understanding your question correctly, you are asking that when attempting to stream ESPN from their app, formerly WatchESPN, ESPN360 and ESPN3, and it asks for your TV provider, is YouTube TV a viable option to select?

If that is what you are asking, I do believe it is, but wouldn’t swear to it 100%. As previously stated, I have the ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu bundle for $11.99/mo, which gives me access to that content, anyway, I believe.

I found these sites a few months ago with Google and have been using them daily. We dropped cable at the end of basketball last year and kept internet. I was fully prepared to sign up with Youtube TV or Sling...I even have a free month of Sling TV I received with a Roku purchase I have not needed to use...you can find almost anything you want online if you just take the time to search.
I use these sites daily. Your experience may differ with your internet connection and speed.

123tvnow

ustvgo.tv

sports24.club

Contributing what I know from keeping the fam watching basketball, football, and baseball:
-watch most on YouTubeTV (ESPN, SECN, and other television networks)
-stream many games on SECN+ (this is not a television network per the SEC website); we connect television HDMI to laptop
-don't get ESPN3 games b/c it is a separate, paid subscription that I understand is now packaged with the Disney+ subscription

If I am understanding your question correctly, you are asking that when attempting to stream ESPN from their app, formerly WatchESPN, ESPN360 and ESPN3, and it asks for your TV provider, is YouTube TV a viable option to select? Yes

If that is what you are asking, I do believe it is, but wouldn’t swear to it 100%. As previously stated, I have the ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu bundle for $11.99/mo, which gives me access to that content, anyway, I believe.
It used to be a viable option but several sites are saying they took it away August of last year I haven't been able to get a confirmation of this even from Youtubetv. Hulu live that I have does have streaming from the app so until I get a confirmation from someone that actually has youtubetv that you can do this guess I'll stay where I am.

Contributing what I know from keeping the fam watching basketball, football, and baseball:
-watch most on YouTubeTV (ESPN, SECN, and other television networks)
-stream many games on SECN+ (this is not a television network per the SEC website); we connect television HDMI to laptop
-don't get ESPN3 games b/c it is a separate, paid subscription that I understand is now packaged with the Disney+ subscription
Ok thanks what I needed to know. Hulu live which is 60 stations with most of the sports networks does also include streaming of non televised games from the SEC and ESPN3 app thanks for your reply.

YouTubeTV restored access to ESPN3 in December apparently. I don't have the service so I can't verify that.

Thinking about cutting the cord myself. But who is your internet provider and how much is that per month? As I budget internet and cable as one.

Thinking about cutting the cord myself. But who is your internet provider and how much is that per month? As I budget internet and cable as one.
Spectrum (formerly Time Warner). 100M speed for $59.99/mo.

Between the internet with Spectrum, and then YouTubeTV and the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle, I am spending $122.97/mo before taxes.

Prior to that, I had Windstream @ only 12M internet speed for $49.99/mo and Dish Network for $109.99/mo, and only standard Hulu for $5.99/mo for a total of $165.97/mo before taxes.

Now, for $43 less per month, I additionally receive Disney+, ESPN+, and internet that is nearly 10x faster than before.

VN Store

Back