MEMPHIS RANKED #18

I40flyer

keeping it real
Memphis Tigers are now ranked 18th the college poll. We are #55, something must change, the only good from this situation is The State of Tennessee is represented in the Top, 25-better than nothing.

I will say this for them, they have become a better program than I ever thought they would be. No one is going to mistake them for an upper echelon SEC team but they are respectable. Some of their fans are jerks but they aren't as bad as Bama or Gator fans or even Ole Miss for that matter.

I will say this for them, they have become a better program than I ever thought they would be. No one is going to mistake them for an upper echelon SEC team but they are respectable. Some of their fans are jerks but they aren't as bad as Bama or Gator fans or even Ole Miss for that matter.
I live in the Memphis area and their fans are every bit as bad as Bama-Ole Miss-Florida fans....Tiger High has a decent team but the schedule they play is cream puff status but their fans will try and make you believe they are Top 4 or 5 worthy!!

I live in the Memphis area and their fans are every bit as bad as Bama-Ole Miss-Florida fans....Tiger High has a decent team but the schedule they play is cream puff status but their fans will try and make you believe they are Top 4 or 5 worthy!!
I guess it's just whomever you encounter. The Memphis fans I work with aren't that bad while the Ole Miss and Bama fans I work with are obnoxious.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

That pretty much describes the schedules of most Group of 5 teams. And quite a few P5 teams really aren't interested in adding additional G5 teams to their schedule. If anything, a lot of P5 teams would probably be fine not playing any G5 teams, or maybe 1 or 2 at most. Can't really fault Memphis or any other G5 school for something they really can't control.

That being said, what was it, back in 2014, they had their first 10 win season since way back in the 1930s. This is now their third 10 win season in the last decade. Depending on how they hold up, getting win number 11 isn't impossible. Even some of their years without hitting the 10 win mark have been respectable, a 9 win season and two 8 win seasons since 2014.

Not really a fan of Memphis per se, but I can respect a team somewhat better if they can back up any talk with decent number of wins under their belt.

That ginormous Shelby County sized chip they have on their shoulder is what makes them insufferable. They definitely have had success recently and we’ve been at the lowest point in our program’s history, there’s no arguing that. However, that doesn’t change the fact that they are and always will be the “Little Brother”. When they had Gameday for the first time, how many signs did they have taking shots at Tennessee? A lot. I doubt there has ever been 1 sign making fun of Memphis when we’ve hosted Gameday. That’s the difference.

Come late afternoon on Thursday, they’re still the ones sitting at the Playskool table in the other room while the adults are enjoying Thanksgiving dinner having adult conversations.

VN Store

Back